Hello, i have been trying to play some online games at high speeds therefore i am using my phone as a hotspot instead of my wifi. As soon as i turn my 4G on and connect to my laptop it starts to munch on it quickly, i have a data monitor on my phone and it said that my laptop used 600MB of Data in only 15 minutes!!!!! And when i checked my wifi usage it said that "system" used 10GBs of wifi while following it is google chrome which only used 800Mbs in the past month, i have disabled apps from running in the background yet i still have the same issue. I hope some one can help me with this problem. Thank you
    02-13-2018 09:49 AM
    Hello, i have been trying to play some online games at high speeds therefore i am using my phone as a hotspot instead of my wifi. As soon as i turn my 4G on and connect to my laptop it starts to munch on it quickly, i have a data monitor on my phone and it said that my laptop used 600MB of Data in only 15 minutes!!!!! And when i checked my wifi usage it said that "system" used 10GBs of wifi while following it is google chrome which only used 800Mbs in the past month, i have disabled apps from running in the background yet i still have the same issue. I hope some one can help me with this problem. Thank you
    There must be some windows update trying to download and install

Set your mobile connection as metered - go to settings > network and internet > change connection properties

This should reduce the usage

Though I would recommend you check for and install all updates using wifi or LAN before trying to use mobile data

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    fin11 likes this.
    02-14-2018 10:39 PM