Excessive problems (long list).

rylorayla

Feb 13, 2018
Visit site
So, I restarted my computer to try and get a drawing tablet to work, and Windows 10 automatically updated without my permission (as usual). After the latest update installed, I've had numerous problems.
1. paint.net was uninstalled from my computer for no reason. Luckily I still had the zipped file so I could extract it again, but that could've been devastating.
2. Video files that were about 5 minutes or less are now unplayable through the normal double-click that usually gets it right up. Now whenever I try to use them, I get an error message saying "Invalid value for registry". I can still get to them, but only through going to Windows Media Player.
3. Skype has been completely removed from my computer with no explanation, and I'll have to go all the way back to their website to try and redownload it. Not only that, but the empty space Skype previously occupied on my taskbar is not removable, so now there's a useless square that is driving me insane.
4. The tablet icon doesn't show up in my taskbar, and when I tried to get into the program files and do it manually, the launcher refused to open. I know for a fact that this is the new update that's messing it up, because it worked perfectly fine before.
5. Cortana's already huge search engine in the taskbar is now white. This is more of a personal issue, but the huge white block is almost as distracting as the empty Skype space.
6. My computer runs much slower than it did before, loading pages to their fullest before stopping and refusing to respond. Without an error message. This is most prominent on YouTube where it will fully load the video but show no footage, and in the file explorer when I try to open two files at once. It worked perfectly fine before, but now my laptop runs like garbage.
Forgive the length, but I'm completely pissed off by this new update. I was able to put up with them before, because it didn't interrupt the basic working functions of the computer, but this is ridiculous. Please fix this by the time Windows 10 decides to update itself again because whatever questions I might ask to go along with this, no solution will be able to help when it doesn't function properly. Thank you.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
So, I restarted my computer to try and get a drawing tablet to work, and Windows 10 automatically updated without my permission (as usual). After the latest update installed, I've had numerous problems.
1. paint.net was uninstalled from my computer for no reason. Luckily I still had the zipped file so I could extract it again, but that could've been devastating.
2. Video files that were about 5 minutes or less are now unplayable through the normal double-click that usually gets it right up. Now whenever I try to use them, I get an error message saying "Invalid value for registry". I can still get to them, but only through going to Windows Media Player.
3. Skype has been completely removed from my computer with no explanation, and I'll have to go all the way back to their website to try and redownload it. Not only that, but the empty space Skype previously occupied on my taskbar is not removable, so now there's a useless square that is driving me insane.
4. The tablet icon doesn't show up in my taskbar, and when I tried to get into the program files and do it manually, the launcher refused to open. I know for a fact that this is the new update that's messing it up, because it worked perfectly fine before.
5. Cortana's already huge search engine in the taskbar is now white. This is more of a personal issue, but the huge white block is almost as distracting as the empty Skype space.
6. My computer runs much slower than it did before, loading pages to their fullest before stopping and refusing to respond. Without an error message. This is most prominent on YouTube where it will fully load the video but show no footage, and in the file explorer when I try to open two files at once. It worked perfectly fine before, but now my laptop runs like garbage.
Forgive the length, but I'm completely pissed off by this new update. I was able to put up with them before, because it didn't interrupt the basic working functions of the computer, but this is ridiculous. Please fix this by the time Windows 10 decides to update itself again because whatever questions I might ask to go along with this, no solution will be able to help when it doesn't function properly. Thank you.

Are you by any chance using the insider preview versions of Windows 10?

And can you check what version you have? You can check that in settings > system >about

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99