Reinstall Windows without hard drive wipe

ja206

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
After trying to update (Windows 10) I encountered the Inaccessible Boot device BSOD. Then the automatic repair boot loop followed. I can access the advanced startup tool.

What is the best way to recover windows without wiping hard drive?

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Choose the option that includes "Reset or advanced options" in the description. In Advanced Options, check if you have a restore point prior to the update. If yes, try that. If not, then a Reset with "keep files" is probably your only option.

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
There's this weird solution I've found for that error - try this first.

Restart the PC. During boot, go to the boot menu (boot devices), whatever it's called on your system. Usually it'll be accessed by pressing Esc, F8, F9, or F10, while the manufacturer's logo is on the screen.

Then choose "Windows Boot Manager", if available. If not, choose whatever drive Windows is installed to.

The upgrade should then complete, and you should be good to go.

You'll need to do this every upgrade (Feature Update to Windows, where the build and version numbers actually change).

Otherwise do the Reset and keep files, or if you have the option, restore point, or roll back to last build. These options are all on the blue screen, when you go into Advanced Options.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos