Windows/Andromeda/Mobile Future

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hey guys,

New here: I have had everything (too many to name) related to smartphones. Apple, Blackberry, Windows, and Android. I gave up many habits, and developed a smartphone addiction. I now have had at least 12 phones in a little over a year. Yet, I always go back to Windows. Once owned 950, and upgraded to the 950 XL. I Want to buy an HP Elite X3, as I saw Amazon selling one for 319.00. Then, I read something about an Andromeda OS, and a possible foldable phone? IS this true? If so, should I wait, or buy the X3? The 950 XL is running slow. I do not want to go back to Android. I even fired up my old Silver Passport, hoping to avoid Android.

I miss the live tiles, Cortana, maps, texting, and the overall experience. I even created a Microsoft folder on my IPhone X to use One Drive, Word, Cortana, but it does not feel the same. I need help with this one:

Will there be a new Windows mobile phone, or should I buy an HP Elite? Or am I just crazy?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

New here: I have had everything (too many to name) related to smartphones. Apple, Blackberry, Windows, and Android. I gave up many habits, and developed a smartphone addiction. I now have had at least 12 phones in a little over a year. Yet, I always go back to Windows. Once owned 950, and upgraded to the 950 XL. I Want to buy an HP Elite X3, as I saw Amazon selling one for 319.00. Then, I read something about an Andromeda OS, and a possible foldable phone? IS this true? If so, should I wait, or buy the X3? The 950 XL is running slow. I do not want to go back to Android. I even fired up my old Silver Passport, hoping to avoid Android.

I miss the live tiles, Cortana, maps, texting, and the overall experience. I even created a Microsoft folder on my IPhone X to use One Drive, Word, Cortana, but it does not feel the same. I need help with this one:

Will there be a new Windows mobile phone, or should I buy an HP Elite? Or am I just crazy?

I would say wait until Build 2018 before deciding to go for the Elite X3 although WM10 phones which are on Anniversary update and Creators update will get bug fixes and security patches there will be no more new features for WM10 as active development has ceased.

By waiting you don't lose out much, the price of the elite x3 will keep decreasing.

Lastly, here are all the articles about and related to Andromeda.

www.windowscentral.com/tag/andromeda

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3