Is there a HDTV that is Microsoft friendly?

James Auman

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Will be buying a new TV this year for my XBOX One X (for games/streaming TV) and XBOX 360 (for my XBOX Media Center Extender!). Are some TV's more friendly to the Microsoft ecosystem than others? Or are they all basically running some manner of Android in the background with Google services needed to take full advantage. I thought about Samsung, but they show it pairing with their Samsung phone (Android) and SmartThings line of home automation (not Microsoft friendly). LG seems to be the same deal. But it seems like Samsung/LG is where it's at, quality and feature-wise. Just curious.

unmorphed

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Smartthings is 'Microsoft' friendly, it integrates with Cortana now. Unfortunately, Smartthings is actually broken on Samsung TVs now.

You're not going to find a TV that has a magical connection to your Xbox.

MitchDoc

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I like my Sony quite a lot.

Just be a little careful with this, as most of the Sony TVs currently do not support HDR10, and only support Dolby Vision. Xbox One X only supports HDR10 if you want the best possible experience, especially for gaming from your XB1X. I have been doing a lot of research lately to upgrade my own TV, I have found that the Samsung Qled 9000 series and the LG OLeds have some of the best review for XB1X gaming Unfortunately, no Cortana in any of those

xfatalx zero

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
OK so for the longest time I wanted LG but I realize Samsung's interface is really well just so you guys know I looked at Samsung's new 2018 qled televisions and the really awesome thing about it is they will sync with Arlo cameras ring doorbells and a whole bunch of other smart features that you can view right on your television when you ask Bixby so a lot of people don't like Bixby a lot of people don't like certain things about samsung as I used to hate a lot about samsung but right now they are about to become truly the one company to push IOT and every device they have so if you want a nice system to run off all the same hardware and software without having a bunch of different companies I recommend the new QLED

Mikejl87

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
The most friendliest would have to be the Samsung Q7, seeing as Samsung is partnered with Microsoft to promote the Xbox One X on QLED TVs. If you want the best picture, then it would have to be the LG OLEDs. If those are a bit out of your range, the Sony 900E is also an excellent choice. Someone mentioned how Sony TVs support Dolby Vision but not HDR10; this is wrong. Its actually backwards: Sony TVs support HDR10 but not Dolby Vision (as of now, not sure if they plan on adding it later) They did however announce 2018 Sony TVs will support both when they are released. Finally if you're on a budget but don't want to compromise too much, there is the TCL P Series which covers all the needs for an Xbox One X and delivers low input lag as well. The 2018 models have been announced to come out later in the spring with some upgrades as well as keeping the same price, if you would rather wait for those.

Bigsteelguy

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Will be buying a new TV this year for my XBOX One X (for games/streaming TV) and XBOX 360 (for my XBOX Media Center Extender!). Are some TV's more friendly to the Microsoft ecosystem than others? Or are they all basically running some manner of Android in the background with Google services needed to take full advantage. I thought about Samsung, but they show it pairing with their Samsung phone (Android) and SmartThings line of home automation (not Microsoft friendly). LG seems to be the same deal. But it seems like Samsung/LG is where it's at, quality and feature-wise. Just curious.
Yes get a Hisense 2017 model H9 plus or the H8 series. You won't be disappointed, or wait for the 2018 models to come in, but Hisense makes incredible TV's best for gaming, Netflix and sports. They are similer to Samsung, but much cheaper. They also last longer than other TV's. The 2018 models comes with Dolby Vision and HDR10 from what I hear.

Bigsteelguy

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Hisense makes some remarkable TV's, they are like Samsung but much cheaper, but with same quality or better. Their 2018 models comes with Dolby Vision, HDR10 and Alexa built in. They are perfect for gaming, and I own a 2016 H8 series model, and my only regret is I should have gotten a 65" instead. I have plans on upgrading within a year or so myself to the 2018 model.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I use a Vizio P series. Phenomenal picture and GREAT response time. I don't know exactly how you want it to be "friendly" as my tv is essentially just a monitor since I run EVERYTHING through Xbox.

gamo62

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site

You guys need to take a look at the TCL P Series. CNET raves about that line. And less than $600 for a 55

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo