Is windows phone now considered a basic phone?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Is windows phone now considered a basic phone?

I don't think so. It's a smartphone platform (or rather, it was) ran by dumb people. So it failed.

In all seriousness, again, no, they aren't. However, they are not as advanced as the latest Android or iOS devices and may not have the latest version of popular apps (or any version at all).

But if you just want a cheap smartphone to take when you go out drinking (whilst you leave the expensive phone at home) or you just need a smartphone that does internet, email and the basics of social media then they are still fine and you can probably get the 950XL or X3 or Alcatel device at bargain prices.

I haven't given up on Windows Phone. The Elite X3 is my main phone and it does all that I need from a phone (but your needs may vary in terms of what you expect or want from a phone) so I have no complaints no reason to switch to another platform right now.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Core functionality is a bit behind the other major platforms. (I guess depending on who you ask) but it still qualifies as a smartphone platform. It can run third-party applications, perform major functions like email, internet, Office applications, etc.

It's an easy head-and-shoulders above even the smartest feature-phone platforms in terms of capabilities. (see: Kai OS)

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Agree with both above. It has certainly fallen behind the big two, no doubt about it. Yet it easily does the basics much better than a basic phone. It serves a middle ground that many people actually prefer.

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If it's a basic phone, it's the best damn basic phone on the market.

But in all honestly everything I need works and everything that doesn't work I learned to make do so I don't even remember or care which things they were. It's certainly the phone I'd recommend to any technophobe that isn't heavy into social media.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077