Updating WP8.1 on Lumia 730 fails with 801881d0 error

Planer

Mar 22, 2018
Visit site
Hi everybody,
Seems like this question, in different versions, has been asked many times, but I'll still try- maybe by now someone has found a solution.
Just got a brand new Lumia 730. Comes with WP8.1 . Before I can update it to Win10M, The Upgrade Advisor says I must install an update for my current WP8.1 . However, when I try to install that using Phone Update it checks for updates, starts downloading, then at about 66-69% it stops and gives the 801881d0 error.
I tried different wifi connections, updating time and region, soft reset, hard rest- to no avail.
All my apps are up to date, no download is pending.
Does anyone have a way around this?
Has anyone at all managed to upgrade a Lumia 730 to Win10M?

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site

Planer

Mar 22, 2018
Visit site
Well, after researching this everywhere, finally an answer. Thank you very much.
WDRT indeed updated the phone, and now Upgrade Advisor says I can do the upgrade to Win10M.
The question is now, what are the considerations for doing the upgrade OTC vs. OTA? I'll be grateful for any information.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Because you wouldn't have needed the UA for the OTC updater. The download is the same , to the PC or to the phone.
Important thing, you start out with a clean phone to update, either way
fyi, if you use the OTC, when it tells you it is through the phone is installing the update which is not apparent. All the 10 apps have to be installed when that is through. You can't see that unless you go to the store.
Then you have two more updates to do either way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss