Nag-screen to disable adblocker when I dont ues one!

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Recently, a nag-screen has been appearing whenever I visit the site, asking me to disable my ad-blocker.

I don't use an ad-blocker!

However the corporate network I am on blocks access to thousands of sites among which are also the most prominent ad networks. Our IT department reported close to 1 TB of saved bandwidth per month. 1 TB that does not have to be malware checked, and of course does not have to be paid for. So no chance that this block will be removed.

Cheers

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
If you are talking about this site and the nag screen it may just be the website code and everyone sees the pop-up, whether or not they have an ad-blocker installed or not. It's recommended to have an ad-blocker though.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
I sometimes also have this cause of extension that blocks trackers (Disconnect in my case). Not sure but there might be extensions that remove those yellow windows. Anyway I personally ignore them since I have Adblock Plus which already allows non-intrusive & non-tracking ads anyway.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You don't use one, but looks like the work network does - and the end result (and consequences) are the same. Sounds like everything is working as expected to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa