Recently, a nag-screen has been appearing whenever I visit the site, asking me to disable my ad-blocker.

I don't use an ad-blocker!

However the corporate network I am on blocks access to thousands of sites among which are also the most prominent ad networks. Our IT department reported close to 1 TB of saved bandwidth per month. 1 TB that does not have to be malware checked, and of course does not have to be paid for. So no chance that this block will be removed.

Cheers
    04-03-2018 12:50 AM
    If you are talking about this site and the nag screen it may just be the website code and everyone sees the pop-up, whether or not they have an ad-blocker installed or not. It's recommended to have an ad-blocker though.
    04-07-2018 10:02 AM
    I sometimes also have this cause of extension that blocks trackers (Disconnect in my case). Not sure but there might be extensions that remove those yellow windows. Anyway I personally ignore them since I have Adblock Plus which already allows non-intrusive & non-tracking ads anyway.
    04-07-2018 04:28 PM
    You don't use one, but looks like the work network does - and the end result (and consequences) are the same. Sounds like everything is working as expected to me.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-17-2018 09:46 PM