I'm looking to start purchasing some new appliances (washer/dryer, TV, fridge, vacuum, etc.) and would like everything to be in the same ecosystem if possible. It seems Samsung and LG are the two vendors that look promising to me. Does anyone know if one is more Microsoft friendly than the other? I know i'll have to buy an Android phone at some point to get more use out of the ecosystem (I have a Lumia 950) right now.
    04-08-2018 10:49 AM
    Both LG and Samsung are the same what you are looking for, because Microsoft is mostly platform and brand agnostic in Android... but i recommend Samsung over LG since the latter have lots of hardware problems in many of their devices like the LG G4, G5, V10 and the Nexus 5x.
    04-10-2018 02:43 PM
    Samsung had an issue with exploding washers a short time ago. http://abcnews.go.com/US/samsung-cps...ry?id=43291726
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    04-10-2018 05:41 PM
    Laura, don't go spreading fake news. They were isolated instances where people were doing their laundry and talking on their Note 7 at the same time.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-10-2018 05:52 PM
    I'm looking to start purchasing some new appliances (washer/dryer, TV, fridge, vacuum, etc.) and would like everything to be in the same ecosystem if possible...
    Unfortunately, I'm experiencing bad experience with LG. My less than 2yo TV just died, and when technician came over he had no idea what happened to it after it didnt turn on after swapping power and main boards. He said it might be a panel which costs $450±. A days before that my LG phone also died, I think it's just a battery, but still. There are many articles and videos of/about LG TVs screen problems. They offer only 1yr warranty, but technician said if you buy from Costco they offer 2yrs. I don't know about their laptops and monitors, my HP laptop is 5+ yo and HP monitor is almost 8+ yo
    04-10-2018 06:31 PM
    Samsung had an issue with exploding washers a short time ago.
    And that wins the xandros9 weekly award for "least expected sentence"!
    Laura Knotek and fatclue_98 like this.
    04-10-2018 11:14 PM
    Unfortunately, I'm experiencing bad experience with LG. My less than 2yo TV just died, and when technician came over he had no idea what happened to it after it didnt turn on after swapping power and main boards. He said it might be a panel which costs $450±. A days before that my LG phone also died, I think it's just a battery, but still. There are many articles and videos of/about LG TVs screen problems. They offer only 1yr warranty, but technician said if you buy from Costco they offer 2yrs. I don't know about their laptops and monitors, my HP laptop is 5+ yo and HP monitor is almost 8+ yo
    I had an HP laptop that had the display go bad due to the lid movement fraying the cable. I've had Toshiba and Asus laptops last longer than the HP. I wouldn't buy another HP. My latest laptop is from Dell.
    04-11-2018 01:27 AM