I have PaintShopPro installed. It's default save extension is not .jpg nor .bmp, but .pspimage. OK, if that's what it wants...

So in haste I saved a file without changing the extension, so I have a file with that .pspimage extension.

When I click on that filename in Windows Explorer, it offers to find me a program to open it - but then goes straight onto the internet.

When I try (Settings > Apps > Default Apps ) it does not show the program.

Selecting > Choose default by filetype - to associate that extension with the program that is already installed on my computer, it does not show that extension.

Selecting > Set default by app - does not show the program.

Any ideas ? Pretty please ?
    04-16-2018 04:44 AM
    Navigate to the file. right click>Open with>Choose another app>Paintshop Pro. If it's not there, select 'look for another app on this pc' and find the program in file explorer.
    04-16-2018 09:31 AM
    Thank you, Austin Andelin.
    Alas ! That doesn't work. Right click "Open with..." (also just clicking on the file name) - I do not get 'look for another app on this pc' , it simply offers me:-
    1. Find a program that can open your file - which take me to https://file.org/extension/pspimage
    2. Read and learn about PSPIMAGE files -which take me to that same WebSite; or
    3. Use the standard Windows Service - which tells me, "You need a new app to open this file", with the option of visiting the Store.
    04-16-2018 04:18 PM