How can we replace Windows phone with Android OS on Microsoft Windows phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Since Microsoft dump Windows phone, we need to keep a good condition phone. The possible solution to keep phone longer, is to replace Windows 10 phone with Android OS on the phone. How?

Inaam Ashraf

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
There must be some way of doing it. Lumia 950 and 950XL have good enough hardware to run Android Oreo with ease... and phones like Moto G6 are hardly good enough when it comes to chipset, plus they are no match in terms of camera, wireless charging and other added features that Lumia 950 and 950XL have!

Chuck Finley69

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
There must be some way of doing it. Lumia 950 and 950XL have good enough hardware to run Android Oreo with ease... and phones like Moto G6 are hardly good enough when it comes to chipset, plus they are no match in terms of camera, wireless charging and other added features that Lumia 950 and 950XL have!

Unfortunately, its not possible to do. However, even if you could, it would cost more than if you just buy Android phone off the shelf with the specs you want.

Inaam Ashraf

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Just don't give up with WP. Andrómeda is coming.

I don't see Andromeda coming any time soon...since MS is also backing away from the Qualcomm based Laptops...Also, Samsung S10 is rumoured to be foldable like the Andromeda...so if MS does not release Andromeda by the end of this year, they will again be behind the market even if they do release it in 2019.

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
I don't see Andromeda coming any time soon...since MS is also backing away from the Qualcomm based Laptops...Also, Samsung S10 is rumoured to be foldable like the Andromeda...so if MS does not release Andromeda by the end of this year, they will again be behind the market even if they do release it in 2019.

They're going to talk about it in Build 2018.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Honestly. And their public statement about regretting not putting customers' needs first... Pathetic and weak. Sad to see MS kill itself with bad practices, but whatever.

Anything Microsoft says or does holds little weight with me these days in regards to the consumer space. They've proven time and time again the consumers are just a test bed for their whims with little to no plans to fully implement, or even start for that matter. And when something does begin to build steam the old "change-of-direction" now seems to always rear its ugly head at some point.

As with the title of this thread, too bad some of these Windows Phones/phones couldn't be repurposed. The hardware is there to do much better than has been seen. Such a shame that at any point they'll just turn to stone... Think that's the direction my PCs are headed too if my experiences w/W10 is any indication.

SolitarySnail

Nov 20, 2017
Visit site
Anything Microsoft says or does holds little weight with me these days in regards to the consumer space. They've proven time and time again the consumers are just a test bed for their whims with little to no plans to fully implement, or even start for that matter. And when something does begin to build steam the old "change-of-direction" now seems to always rear its ugly head at some point.

As with the title of this thread, too bad some of these Windows Phones/phones couldn't be repurposed. The hardware is there to do much better than has been seen. Such a shame that at any point they'll just turn to stone... Think that's the direction my PCs are headed too if my experiences w/W10 is any indication.

It really is too bad. WP really could've been something more than .5% market share if MS grew a pair and took risks. Instead, Nadella sat on his hands and waited for a miracle to happen. Without the adequate risks being taken, WP didn't grow as a platform. When have you ever seen a commercial for WP or the like? Have you heard about the tremendous specs the phone boasts? How about the way MS entices new and old users of WP with bonuses and perks? The simple answer is NEVER. MS didn't do any of these things, and in doing so, screwed WP over. It didnt even try to appease the hurt consumers, or even make things right when they made a misstep. They not only screwed the brand over numerous times throughout its history, but they also screwed their supporters over. Absolutely despicable. MS deserves to be shut down by its bad business practices.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site

I's not a blanket idea that just because it has all the components means that any ROM can be flashed to any phone. It's going to depend on the CPU mainly.

One could be developed for Windows phones, though. But most people who know how to do this simply won't bother. To turn it around: would you make a product that only 3 out of 100 people would be interested in buying?

Chuck Finley69

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
It really is too bad. WP really could've been something more than .5% market share if MS grew a pair and took risks. Instead, Nadella sat on his hands and waited for a miracle to happen. Without the adequate risks being taken, WP didn't grow as a platform. When have you ever seen a commercial for WP or the like? Have you heard about the tremendous specs the phone boasts? How about the way MS entices new and old users of WP with bonuses and perks? The simple answer is NEVER. MS didn't do any of these things, and in doing so, screwed WP over. It didnt even try to appease the hurt consumers, or even make things right when they made a misstep. They not only screwed the brand over numerous times throughout its history, but they also screwed their supporters over. Absolutely despicable. MS deserves to be shut down by its bad business practices.

Shareholders are who employ Nadella. If they’re happy with the performance of shares and Nadella, there’s not anything else to worry about. Don’t buy anymore of their phones. Buy Android/IOS... Teach MSFT a lesson.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb