Looking for a desktop app to manage documents

T_W

May 12, 2018
Visit site
I'm looking for a windows 10 application, preferably free or one-time purchase, to hold documents.
Right now I'm using OneNote 2007 but a recent Windows update killed my utility that prints to OneNote, which is the main way I use it. As I looked for alternatives to OneNote, I realized that I don't use it the way most people do, so the alternatives really don't work for me.
I use OneNote to hold various documents like receipts, bank statements and credit card statements which I get into OneNote by a 'Print to OneNote' utility. I have about 15 year's worth of stuff.
I don't want to upgrade to a later version of OneNote as 2007 holds and backs up all data locally on my systems. I DO NOT want my personal data in the cloud, which is why none of the alternatives work either.
I could just use the windows file system, but OneNote provides a very useful 3-level view of my documents which is much more convenient than the file system.
So my requirements are:
1. All data must be stored locally.
2. A more useful display than the file system -- ideally similar to the OneNote display
3. Windows 10 -- I don't need to synchronize to other devices or operating systems.
4. The ability to hold images, not just text.
4. The ability to enter data from a web browser, email client, and a few others. You can print from pretty much any app, so that works for me if it's available.
I don't need to share my data with others, or edit the data once it's in the app.
I do need to get my data out of OneNote -- annoyingly it won't print to a non-physical printer, or export pages (so far as I can tell), but that's another problem.
Anyway, I'm not even sure what to call the app I need so I'm not sure how to search for it!
All suggestions will be gratefully received!
Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers