Touch screen not working on windows tablet

steeler4life

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a Windows 10 tablet made by insignia and recently updated to windows 10 1803 but for some reason lost the touch screen function on it. Does anyone know where i can download the touchscreen drive for windows?

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Hi, what does it say in windows device manager? (right click the windows logo on the taskbar, than click device manager and under human interfaces or such there should be an entry named blabla touchscreen or touch input, right click it and check if it functions normally and is on, possibly try update its drivers automatically. If that doesn't work, try if you can get the drivers manually from the tablet company's site.)

steeler4life

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
The company insignia cant provide the drives for touchscreen. What they say is to go to best buys geek squad and they will fix it but geek squad says they only fix it if it has the original build it was sold with and if not then i have to pay their membership to fix it so now I'm stuck without a touch screen on my tablet

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
If you can somehow force to let it revert to a previous version (perhaps a full factory reset will suffice?) than you can disable windows updates by setting in the network settings that you are on a payed network (alternatively you can use the regedit or ohshutup 10).
It could also be (though maybe less likely) that instead of windows update being the fault that the windows updated the touchscreen driver with a newer version which is crappy. In the case you can try a factory reset or such and use e.g. ohshutup 10 to prevent windows updates from automatically updating your drivers.
Was your tablet initially shipped with windows 10 or 8.1?

steeler4life

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
My tablet shipped with windows 10 14393. But after the update it lost the recovery for that so I'm on the brand new windows 10 update and that is where my issue is since insignia will not help me with fixing the tablet without the original build on there. So I'm trying to see if there is a link or website where i can download touch screen drives for my tablet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750