How to CANCEL wipe on my LUmia ????

Ravel2014

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I lost my Lumia 2 days ago. So for the security, I have logged into my outlook account and ordered outlook to wipe on my Lumia phone.

However, I have just got a news that my lost Lumia has been found.

So I want to CANCEL the order to wipe my Lumia phone.

How can I cancel the "wipe order" ?

Thanks heaps!

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I lost my Lumia 2 days ago. So for the security, I have logged into my outlook account and ordered outlook to wipe on my Lumia phone.

However, I have just got a news that my lost Lumia has been found.

So I want to CANCEL the order to wipe my Lumia phone.

How can I cancel the "wipe order" ?

Thanks heaps!
I doubt you can. Might want to call Microsoft support though to get more help with that. I'm not certain though if you can cancel the wipe from your online account or not.
If your Microsoft account is already signed in, it needs only access to the internet (cellular or wifi) to issue the wipe command. You could possibly take the sim out and turn wifi off and you might be able to get data off before it wipes if there exist no options to cancel it.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I have got the pics and other media files on cloud

I just simply do NOT want to set up the phone from all over again. It's a pain in the bum ! lol
I hear ya.

This is not related but short story. I had a situation occur with me in that a Lumia 640 xl I sent the wipe command remotely from the Devices menu just to test... something went wrong and so each time it wiped itself and reset when I went to sign back into the phone with my Microsoft account in order to setup the phone again it would re-wipe itself as soon as the the account signed in. Over and over again. So I decided to give it to a family member and let them sign in with their account and repurposed the device...

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately you cannot cancel the wipe, but well done on finding the phone. If you have complete OneDrive device backups in the cloud just restore one of those. It will make the process of reinstalling everything much quicker.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo