Microsoft Photos

Luke Ashe

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site
Are there any plans or a roadmap that releases a standalone app for iOS/Android that will be Microsoft photos and allows connection to OneDrive storage?

Luke Ashe

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site
Companion is simply a file transfer app.

OneDrive is a file storage app with an addon for photos that has limited capabilities compared with Microsoft Photos and the capabilities it does have are inconvenient to use on a mobile device.

I would like a dedicated photos app linked to OneDrive so that I can slowly organise my photo collection whenever I get the chance.

If there are 3rd party apps, I would be keen to try them. If you have any links of these then please forward them on

thanks

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Would be nice to get some good photo apps.

However it would also be nice for them to add a 'clean up' function to OneDrive, so those photos and videos already uploaded could be cleaned out of the phone to free space (note: they should verify upload before delete).

atoqir

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
It would make sense if they make this. This way you could use your photo library, music library, video library and documents library easily on you phone/tablet while on PC you can 'consume' it through the apps but still have folder acces and control when you need it.

But since they killed the music library part when they killed the Groove apps, they still haven't a photo solution on mobile and still don't have a movies app on mobile or eBooks support so I am thinking of switching clouds for my personal stuff. My corporate stuff I will keep on OneDrive For Business in O365.

You are better off that you sync/upload your pictures, music, files and eBooks into iCloud Music/Photos/Drive/iBooks or Google PlayMusic/GooglePhotos/GoogleDrive/GooglePlayBooks. All those services have sync clients and tools to dump your files in Windows Explorer. And it works way better on mobile with way more options available there.

David Zavah

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
YES! Please! This is one of the few missing pieces, for me, as I've transitioned from Windows Phone/Win10 Mobile to Android. I'd love for the app to browse images (videos too??) that are on the device/SD card while also syncing with OneDrive to view images taken on other devices linked to my MSFT account (while connected online, of course). For those images that are cloud based, allow an easy path to "make available offline" by saving to the device/SD...OR...have a toggle in the settings to "Always" download files found in the designated "camera roll" location on OneDrive. Also, while I'm building this app in my head...Dark theme is a must!
Hope they make this a reality some day soon.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I can see what you all are getting at. All pictures from my camera roll (plus some other folders, of course)gets backup to OneDrive. It's usually uploaded and forgotten. Once in a blue moon, I'll clean up. The problem has always been a fast internet connection is needed, which I dont have that all of the time

... !

WixosTrix

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Are there any plans or a roadmap that releases a standalone app for iOS/Android that will be Microsoft photos and allows connection to OneDrive storage?

This is the biggest missing feature from my Windows Phone for me. My OneDrive camera roll is a mess now that I can't simply remove photos from the cloud and computer at the same time. Plus, I do like the features. Don't want to use Google Photos, nor do I want to pay Google for cloud storage as I already pay for Office 365. I really need them to bring this app.

DRDiver

Mar 19, 2018
Visit site
I had just read that article! I’m invested in the MS ecosystem and want to stay in it, but MS doesn’t make it easy at times

Or ever. They killed off their own FANTASTIC smartphone ecosystem, tell people "oh, enjoy your Microsoft experience on Android and iPhone". Then you find that it is IMPOSSIBLE to have that same experience. Virtually nothing integrates and you have to go through a ridiculous amount of tweaking, customization and installing stupid widgets to even PRETEND like you have a portion of what you have on Windows phones. Everything Microsoft has done on Android is one big fat joke. It's crap, just like Android.

Vincent McLaughlin

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
MS doesn't need to build a photo app. They just need to add more features to their already in use OneDrive app. You can already go straight to photos, if it was already selected, but it's not a huge issue if you don't. Just select the photos tab.

What I would like them to do is add OneDrive photo viewer to MS Launcher, then you can view and access it directly from there.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Nevermind photo apps and halfway-to-decent launchers, what Microsoft needs is their own mobile operating system, then they wouldn't have to spend so much time, energy and money trying to find exotic ways to stay relevent.

Drum roll Andromeda. Oh, wait. They delayed/cancelled/mothballed that one....frankly the only good mobile idea they've had in 4 years *bitter much*

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel