Bad USB port draining battery?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have an Acer Aspire E 15 and since I had the battery drains about 2% to 8% during the night.
Recently I tried to charge a powerbank through one of my USB 2.0 ports, and the power cord may have have been faulty, because when I noticed the pc near the USB port was super hot. I turned off my pc and to help it cool I pointed a fan at it. Since then I notice the battery drains a lot faster when it is turned off. A full day without coming to it drained about 50%.
My laptop is always connected to a power outlet and I only let the battery drain from time to time to let it cycle.
Also, ever since I did this the USB seems to be non responding.
Is there a way to disable the USB port to stop it from draining my battery?
I already disabled fastboot (some people said it could be that) and the "keep charging when the pc is turned off" functionality.
My battery report seems fine, but I do have a question: is "suspended" the state of a turned off pc? Or should it show as "turned off"?

Thank you for the help!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
My battery report seems fine, but I do have a question: is "suspended" the state of a turned off pc? Or should it show as "turned off"?

Hi, so I think suspended means hibernating and turned off means actually powered down. Do you have wake on lan enabled?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3