Will windows mobile live on as a Zombie OS?

Robewms

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey Dan,

I'm still using my Elite x3, very unaware that its reportedly dead . there are plenty new UWP apps that work great on mobile and even better with continuum, there are a lot of great new UWP games (Continuum Gaming on youtube) and still a usable variety of web apps (PAWA) and PWAs in windows mobile future (if Edge holds on) .
With these items still animating windows mobile will it live on as a Zombie OS.....for now?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Just chipping in :) Support for the 950 series will end late 2019 (can't remember the exact month, but a quick web search should provide you with the necessary info). Basically updates (for security and small improvements) will continue to be provided until that time. Once the clock strikes midnight, the updates will obviously stop and that's where it gets dangerous (potentially). With MS not providing any security updates, hackers might be looking to exploit any weaknesses, but if you were to limit yourself to trustworthy web apps etc. you could possibly be able to continue using the phone.

I have at least two friends that still use WP 8.1 lol

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I just bought an HP Elite X3 last week! Still deciding whether or not to get another screen for my 950xl lol, or just buy a whole working one haha. Each screen I bought so far is a bit quirky...

I'm pretty much just waiting for the ultra mobile, arm based, w10 device that you can also make phone calls with.

I used to despise phablets, but with how capable "phones" are now, I do find I want bigger screens, yet somewhat pocketable.
I used to despise headsets too, but it's just so much easier going handsfree and you can still play on your phone while talking lol.

So windows mobile I expect to keep working as is like how my old Nokia S60's still boot up fine, but any new ultra mobile device based on w10 will not be the same w10m whatever is on the Elite X3, 950XL etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos