Greetings everyone!

In advance, thank you for taking the time to help me out. My Nokia Lumia (635?) has been my old trusty phone for years. A couple of months ago it finally "went". By went, I mean I plug it in to charge, there is a slight buzz indicating it is charging, but then nothing comes on the screen. It happened pretty randomly. It was working fine, and then after it died it started doing this.

I got a new phone, but unfortunately my contacts could not be transferred over because of this problem. I'm not sure if it's a battery problem, or a screen problem. Besides the fact that the phone has nostalgic value, I still have contacts and photos on the phone that I really need. No, the ones I need were not backed up in the cloud.

What can be done to fix the phone?
    08-06-2018 01:14 PM
    It's hard to pin down what the problem is in this case since it doesn't appear to obviously be one component. I would write off the phone and data as a lesson in backing up data.

But if that's not an option, I suppose there's nothing stopping you from pouring in money attempting to replace various parts and see what happens. (probably not a battery issue)

But if it's an issue with the main board, unless you have access to government/corporate-level data recovery facilities/personnel, all bets are off.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-07-2018 08:59 AM