WhatsApp not downloading media

1020 lover

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Since today evening, WhatsApp suddenly stopped downloading anything (voice notes, audios, pictures, videos........)
It is uploading /sending media normally, but just cannot download/receive.
There is no WhatsApp update pending

Is anyone facing same issue?? Any solution??

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

DerKulp

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Got more than enough free space left. Problem also started happening to a friend of mine at the same time and also got word from a german forum that it happens to more than just us.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Ooo, not just my elite x3, might be ok now, one of my groups a few hours ago sent out pdfs ok! And a buddy just sent me a pic

Phew, almost thought I would have to throw in the towel! Lol

seventeenapg

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Since today evening, WhatsApp suddenly stopped downloading anything (voice notes, audios, pictures, videos........)
It is uploading /sending media normally, but just cannot download/receive.
There is no WhatsApp update pending

Is anyone facing same issue?? Any solution??

Thanks in advance
Same with me on my L950.

Sent from mTalk

1020 lover

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
It was working ok, my storage went full, deleted some items to get around 500 MB free space and it was still working fine, suddenly it stopped downloading.

Now it works fine again, I've done nothing, it just fixed itself within 6 hours although I still have same storage space. I think it was a WhatsApp bug that was fixed without an update. Can developper fix issues without updates??

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
It was working ok, my storage went full, deleted some items to get around 500 MB free space and it was still working fine, suddenly it stopped downloading.

Now it works fine again, I've done nothing, it just fixed itself within 6 hours although I still have same storage space. I think it was a WhatsApp bug that was fixed without an update. Can developper fix issues without updates??

The problem was probably on the server side of WhatsApp... Had nothing to do with updates or the app itself...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon