No news, or mention, about Andromeda in a month.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
The last I heard, via Brad sams on Thurrott, was that it was going back to the drawing board for an overhaul and we won't see it until 2019 at the earliest.

Apparently, and I emphasise the word apparently because over the past 6 months it's become clear that not a single person outside of those Microsoft labs actually knows anything about Andromeda, it was pushed back to allow more time to clean up the operating system and give qualcomm time to improve the Windows-on-Arm experience.

The surface Go is the closest thing we have to a highly mobile pc experience, and I think MS will be watching very closely to see how that device does in the market. If it does well, it may be the strongest indicator yet that a market exists for the ultra mobile pc.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to get as many people as possible to buy a surface go :)

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting to buy the Go, snapdragon lte version! That's what was supposed to happen!

then one day, a switch will flip and I'll suddenly be able to make phone calls with it :)

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
No one should be surprised. Microsoft marches to the beat of their own drummer, and that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Though fans don’t want to admit it, MS realizes they lost the current mobile game. They are not going to continue to fight a lost cause. Everyone who wants to keep bringing up Andromeda as if it’s going to show up tomorrow and take on Android and iOS are dreaming. They are looking to the future (accent on future) and people need to be patient or move on. Andromeda may or may not exist some day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss