Factory reset my phone

Mikepoint

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Is it safe to factory reset a Windows Phone in 2018 due to the state of the Microsoft Store apps. All the applications I use presently work on my Lumia, will that change if I reboot my phone?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Is it safe to factory reset a Windows Phone in 2018 due to the state of the Microsoft Store apps. All the applications I use presently work on my Lumia, will that change if I reboot my phone?

Yes, you will lose some apps as they may have been removed or an update reduces their functionality as apps are reinstalled through the store and not from a back up.

In order to regain some or all your lost apps you will need to install them through the My Library via the hamburger menu in the Microsoft store app.

Also download the app called Sysapp Pusher, that will provide you quick links to many lumia apps and other apps.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
In order to regain some or all your lost apps you will need to install them through the My Library via the hamburger menu in the Microsoft store app.

To expand on this a little, it's really hit-or-miss. It'll work for some but not all. For example, Flipboard appears in My Library but there's no option to install it. Then there are apps like Bank of America which can be installed but are no longer supported and can't be used.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
To expand on this a little, it's really hit-or-miss. It'll work for some but not all. For example, Flipboard appears in My Library but there's no option to install it. Then there are apps like Bank of America which can be installed but are no longer supported and can't be used.

When there is no install button, wait a few minutes it should appear.

In regards to banking apps no longer working after being installed, that is in essence (simply put) a server side block. In regards to other apps not working after an update... i.e Skype on Wp 8.x that is crappy move by the dev / dev team.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site

Totally agree on the hit-or-miss aspect... reset my 950 with a couple of apps being no longer installable even though they WERE working perfectly fine before, same OS version and build. Do show up in "My Library" alright yet no option to install - no amount of waiting for the "paint to dry" has worked (install button to appear) nor have I ever seen this work before, at least in my experiences.

So IMO, those apps that do not need "outside access" to function yet can't be reinstalled after a factory reset, is the fault of Microsoft themselves as there is no other explanation. And that is why I had waited so long to perform a factory reset because we knew all too well it would break more than it fixed - it's Microsoft's way it seems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs