Why is there no mention of WC W10 app?

wpcautobot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Why is there no mention ever of the Windows Central UWP app? I've asked Dan a couple times about the app and what it's future, if any is. No response. Maybe it's been put to the side because it doesn't have ads to support them? It's a great app as is, I just wonder why it seems to be an elephant in the living room as a topic.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Windows Central has seen a lot less action and excitement in the years post-Windows Phone and it's probably not worth it for Mobile Nations at the moment but that's just my two cents.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
yeah I think thats a pretty big finger to us WM10 users who KNOWS how we feel about support being dropped for us WM users and then they themselves do it to us... kinda sucks of them to do this LOL not kool at all

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Super question and thread post. Maybe they will catch wind of this finally... WC needs to support this app and fix it. Or get rid of it. MTalk is gone tapatalk classic is gone and even though they may not care much to update it for the mobile windows phone users because that area is dying they should still fix the app for the rest of the ecosystems.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Since the death of Windows Phone as a platform maintaining an app dedicated to it, or Windows itself, just isn't as profitable as the same app that focuses on Android or iOS news.

wpcautobot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I get that part. It's just nobody at WC will say anything about it. They've never really shied away from 'bad' news before. I'm not sure why they don't just say... "Everyone we don't have plans for our WC app, it's not used by many, or cost too much, or whatever the reason."

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I get that part. It's just nobody at WC will say anything about it. They've never really shied away from 'bad' news before. I'm not sure why they don't just say... "Everyone we don't have plans for our WC app, it's not used by many, or cost too much, or whatever the reason."

After years of articles on why app developers should produce apps for Windows phone, how can they admit this? :wink:

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
After years of articles on why app developers should produce apps for Windows phone, how can they admit this? :wink:

Or by supporting UWP for that matter. This is a UWP app, that even on a PC is half baked imo. Mobile is much worse. I hardly come to the forums as much anymore since I need to do everything from the web page now...

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

Isn't it odd that there has never been a story, by anyone on any news platform (that I've seen) about the behind the scenes aspects of writing an app. No one has ever explained the nuts and bolts requirements of building, operating, and maintenance of an app. What are the costs and effort, if the app is in maintenance mode?

The part I'm most interested in, is why developers such as ParkMobile and Spotify have an app that worked but now has a glitch and they don't respond and don't fix it. Certainly there are reasons and each case is unique. Maybe it's a simple fix but they fired the person that knows the software programming of the app?

Just curious. I would / the users could pay money to help maintain / fix some broken apps, but developers never include their customers in these decisions.

Last edited:

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Isn't it odd that there has never been a story, by anyone on any news platform (that I've seen) about the behind the scenes aspects of writing an app. No one has ever explained the nuts and bolts requirements of building, operating, and maintenance of an app. What are the costs and effort, if the app is in maintenance mode?

The part I'm most interested in, is why developers such as ParkMobile and Spotify have an app that worked but now has a glitch and they don't respond and don't fix it. Certainly there are reasons and each case is unique. Maybe it's a simple fix but they fired the person that knows the software programming of the app?

Just curious. I would / the users could pay money to help maintain / fix some broken apps, but developers never include their customers in these decisions.

Ya I would watch a "How it's made, developing and maintaining a store app" documentary!
Or they could even do a Real Life documentary and follow the developer group or person around for a year. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos