Question of battery life & performance on my HP Envy x360 13.3" w/ AMD Ryzen 5

Gino Guillermo

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone!

Being "new" to Windows 10 (had a Macbook for the past 3 years and had Windows 8 prior to that) I have learned so much since purchasing my new HP Envy x360 13.3" with AMD Ryzen 5 laptop 7 days ago.

I want to ask specific issues especially of battery life and performance (in conjunction with heating & fan noise).

Do i really need to change things on the BIOS or even underclocking the CPU to get the most of a "better battery life" on my computer? Is it safe to keep the laptop plugged in all day or on overnight charge? I also heard that antovirus software such McAfee hogs memory and this affecting battery life?

N.B. I have researched a lot online and Youtube on saving battery life (without compromising too much on the performance) from turning off and toning down everything that needs to be turned off to keeping my desktop clutter-free (apart from the recycling bin) to checking for updates to stopping background apps to adjusting the performance slider to "optimising" Google Chrome which is my default browser.

Is there anything else that I should be doing guys?

Cheers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss