Hp Envy X2 or Surface Go or just wait?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I am interested in grabbing the Hp Envy X2 Sanpdragon variant for its always connected features (especially battery life) as my travel 2 in 1. I would pretty much stick with store apps. I am wondering if going for the Surface go would be better at this point to wait and see what OEMs do after QUALCOMM releases their new chip for Windows on Arm?

Old_Mil

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
It would probably help to know what you are currently using right now. My personal recommendation would be to wait if your current platform has another year or so of life left in it.

Old_Mil

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I'd absolutely wait if the current device is meeting your needs. In the next half decade or so, given current trends, the installed base of Windows computers is trending down and should drop below 50% of installed devices. The next two years should give us a good idea if this trend can be arrested but if not, you are going to have to give some serious thought as to which platform your future lies with...iOS, Chrome, or Linux.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
I am interested in grabbing the Hp Envy X2 Sanpdragon variant for its always connected features (especially battery life) as my travel 2 in 1. I would pretty much stick with store apps. I am wondering if going for the Surface go would be better at this point to wait and see what OEMs do after QUALCOMM releases their new chip for Windows on Arm?
, wait for new Windows on ARM devices with a snapdragon 850 and their reviews, it is supposed to be quite a bit faster.

Also I think you should take Old_Mill's advice with a grain of salt, since Windows is still by far the largest laptop/pc OS and while it looks like e.g. ChromeOS is growing rapidly, a huge portion of these devices is just stationed at schools so the market share numbers don't say that much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786