Windows Media Player?

anon(631531)

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I have Windows 7 Ultimate, and i'm starting to rip some music from my cd collection. I don't know what WMP number i have, but it seems to be working ok. Can anyone give me some feedback for long term use? Also, not all the album art downloads. Thanks.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Why did you choose WMP? Other players have the rip capabilities as well. VLC (not as intuitive for me); mediamonkey etc. I'm just curious why you picked the one player that is no longer officially supported

anon(631531)

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I didn't pick it, it was there. I've downloaded Windows 7 Ultimate on my MBP to familiarize with Windows, in preparation for switching to a PC. My MBP is mid-2010, and before i drop the big bucks on another MBP, i want to give Windows a fair chance. WMP ripped some of my cd's very fast, but some of the album art disappared. I'll try VLC, and MediaMonkey, and let you know how it goes.:smile:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I didn't pick it, it was there. I've downloaded Windows 7 Ultimate on my MBP to familiarize with Windows, in preparation for switching to a PC. My MBP is mid-2010, and before i drop the big bucks on another MBP, i want to give Windows a fair chance. WMP ripped some of my cd's very fast, but some of the album art disappared. I'll try VLC, and MediaMonkey, and let you know how it goes.
I think MM has the option to edit album art and tags.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Why did you choose WMP? Other players have the rip capabilities as well. VLC (not as intuitive for me); mediamonkey etc. I'm just curious why you picked the one player that is no longer officially supported

It may not be supported (?) but it came as the default player on my Elite x2 (2017). I agree with you that it's visually better than Groove or VLC. It's got that "old world charm" like they say on House Hunters.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
It may not be supported (?) but it came as the default player on my Elite x2 (2017). I agree with you that it's visually better than Groove or VLC. It's got that "old world charm" like they say on House Hunters.
Lol while I was writing, that sentiment went through my head. Maybe I like it, because that's what I started with so it will always have an appeal to me

Last edited:

anon(631531)

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
It does. Between VLC & MM, i chose the Monkey. I like the look, and it works better. I will say one thing though, as far as ripping speed goes, i give WMP a higher grade, but it's not a game changer. For my needs, i'll put the Monkey on my back.:winktongue:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
It does. Between VLC & MM, i chose the Monkey. I like the look, and it works better. I will say one thing though, as far as ripping speed goes, i give WMP a higher grade, but it's not a game changer. For my needs, i'll put the Monkey on my back.:winktongue:

Hahah, I really like MM too. I haven't been ripping music for quite some time, so no idea :/ I was mostly on groove. Now spotify

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium