Surface Go Lockscreen - Need an app to overlay a "If Found, please contact..." message

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I took it for granted how on my Android devices that I have the lockscreen display a message "If found, please contact..." my name, phone number, email. There are still a few good souls out there that will contact you and help you reunite you with your beloved piece of tech.

However, besides modifying a wallpaper, I haven't figured out a way to do the same on the Surface Go. Any suggestions of an app or overlay (like how the Weather and time are displayed on the lockscreen), please?

Thanks for your help.

coffee-turtle

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Man alive! The worst thing is that I've done this for work Windows PC (not for...if stolen, but for obvious other issues). But I didn't connect this with Surface Go that has the real Windows 10 Home after all! I will give it a shot. Thank you!

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Man alive! The worst thing is that I've done this for work Windows PC (not for...if stolen, but for obvious other issues). But I didn't connect this with Surface Go that has the real Windows 10 Home after all! I will give it a shot. Thank you!

Good luck! And yes, it can take some getting used to that the Surface runs full-blown Windows 10. So whatever you can do on your desktop you can also do on your Surface Go - enjoy!

coffee-turtle

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Good luck! And yes, it can take some getting used to that the Surface runs full-blown Windows 10. So whatever you can do on your desktop you can also do on your Surface Go - enjoy!

So, I loved your solution! I even used a few emoji's to liven up the message. The background appears to change color matching the "accent color from my background".

This is great from a cold boot. But if your device was only sleeping (I seldom completely power down the device entirely) no message.

I wish I could have a ePost-it note in the corner or something that gave an "if found" message right away. Like to make it as easy as possible for the honest soul. Hopefully, none of us are ever in that situation where we lost our tablets, but ... it could happen.

By the way, I can mark your later reply as the Best Answer, but I cannot mark your original solution as the Best Answer which I normally would.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
So, I loved your solution! I even used a few emoji's to liven up the message. The background appears to change color matching the "accent color from my background".

This is great from a cold boot. But if your device was only sleeping (I seldom completely power down the device entirely) no message.

I wish I could have a ePost-it note in the corner or something that gave an "if found" message right away. Like to make it as easy as possible for the honest soul. Hopefully, none of us are ever in that situation where we lost our tablets, but ... it could happen.

By the way, I can mark your later reply as the Best Answer, but I cannot mark your original solution as the Best Answer which I normally would.

Please see if this also helps. It mentions editing the Windows registry, so only try this if you are comfortable. This is done at your own risk.

https://garytown.com/windows-10-lock-screen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon