And Canadians using American Cell Phone plans withing the Great White North?

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Canadian cell phone plans are ridiculously expensive and restrictive.

Any Canadians using US plans in Canada?

A friend told me about it - they have the same amount of data (or more), North American txt and calling, and it is cheaper.

Just wondering if it really as good as it sounds...

Anyone?

thanks,

Mr. V

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty such T-Mobile would catch on and prevent this, BUT their service DOES include free calling and Data in Mexico and Canada. HOWEVER, for certain you would need a US address and credit card in order to setup service, plus there might be small print regarding making most of your calls while roaming in Canada.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a friend who is doing this with ATT - US address but using it fine in Canada. Yes it is roaming but zero extra charges. I pay $70 CDN a month for 10 GB data and unlimited calls and text in Canada only. At current exchange rates, that translates to about $53 USD (not including taxes).

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Mr.V

I'm pretty such T-Mobile would catch on and prevent this, BUT their service DOES include free calling and Data in Mexico and Canada. HOWEVER, for certain you would need a US address and credit card in order to setup service, plus there might be small print regarding making most of your calls while roaming in Canada.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills