Are Samsung, and Apple, going to beat MS to market with a foldable device?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Not the same type of device. A foldable display and a folding display are quite different. One relies on a new type of OLED technology that allows the panel to fold 180 degrees while the other (Andromeda) works by having fixed panels meet seamlessly via a new type of hinge to create a larger viewing area similar to a tablet. ZTE already failed spectacularly with the Axon M in trying to do what Microsoft is shooting for.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Not the same type of device. A foldable display and a folding display are quite different. One relies on a new type of OLED technology that allows the panel to fold 180 degrees while the other (Andromeda) works by having fixed panels meet seamlessly via a new type of hinge to create a larger viewing area similar to a tablet. ZTE already failed spectacularly with the Axon M in trying to do what Microsoft is shooting for.

My Leroy Jethro Gibbs gut feeling that MS is quite a ways off from introducing Andromeda. I think multiple companies will bring their product to market first; no matter the comparison to the MS product.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Of course they will both beat MS. They always did in the past, why should now be any different? It's not like MS learns from its mistakes or listens to its customers and fans, is it?

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site

yes and I've seen the preview/sneak peeks of the samsung device and it TOTALLY looks like the Axom M! I mean what are you thinking?... this is not going to bode well with the techies...

Also who cares if they're late or first? just like fatclue_98 said, Axon M failed miserably and they were the first ones to release a foldable device... I whole heartily think that if MS does this PROPERLY AND PERFECTLY and releases a nice foldable screen without the ugly line in the middle or as little as possible, then they can totally pull this off! also Win10 has to work perfectly in all the different orientations... and they can't start half @ssed... they gotta go all in... C'MON MSFT, DO IT!

rodneyej

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
And, they have to stick with it, hard! They have to market, and support it, 100%🙄🙄 🤔🤔
Originally posted by beman39
Originally Posted by fatclue_98

yes and I've seen the preview/sneak peeks of the samsung device and it TOTALLY looks like the Axom M! I mean what are you thinking?... this is not going to bode well with the techies...

Also who cares if they're late or first? just like fatclue_98 said, Axon M failed miserably and they were the first ones to release a foldable device... I whole heartily think that if MS does this PROPERLY AND PERFECTLY and releases a nice foldable screen without the ugly line in the middle or as little as possible, then they can totally pull this off! also Win10 has to work perfectly in all the different orientations... and they can't start half @ssed... they gotta go all in... C'MON MSFT, DO IT!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett