Reset Protection Recovery Key of Microsoft phone

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My Dad gave me a Microsoft phone and he doesn't remember who gave it to him. So now I have no idea about the Reset Protection Recovery Key. Is there any chance I can reset the whole phone as it is new so I can use it? Fyi, I tried to every method on the Internet and I'm planning to bring it to AT&T to ask them to fix it (it's an AT&T phone). Thank you.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
First of all, it would be helpful if you could list what methods you have tried so people don't refer you to methods you have already tried - thus expediant for all parties lol.

Usually, using the Windows Device Recovery tool does the trick or logging into the Microsoft account attached to the phone and going through the recovery key process or a hard reset. However since that is not an option and as such you haven't mentioned what methods you've tried I have no idea what else to suggest.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3