Surface Headphones ok for the gym?

wpcautobot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I'm considering getting the Surface Headphones, but I want to use them at the gym. I can't find any mention of any built-in protection for sweat or light moisture. Has anyone had any experience with this or thoughts? Thank you.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I thought about this too. But, if other MS hardware is anything to go by when it comes to sweat (such as the Band series) they don't hold up too well. You may be better off instead getting dedicated sports headphones that are more sweat absorbent.

wpcautobot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I had an online chat with a MS Store agent. He stated that the Surface Headphones do have protection against sweat. Here is a portion of the transcript:

"
You: Hello. I'm interested in the Surface Headphones. My question is, do they have any protection against sweat or water? I mean, can I expect to use them working out without an issue?

Kevin L.:
thank you so much for contact us , the headphones has protection against sweat so you can work out perfectly , but in extreme case like a rain or swimming it will get damage
"

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I had an online chat with a MS Store agent. He stated that the Surface Headphones do have protection against sweat. Here is a portion of the transcript:

"
You: Hello. I'm interested in the Surface Headphones. My question is, do they have any protection against sweat or water? I mean, can I expect to use them working out without an issue?

Kevin L.:
thank you so much for contact us , the headphones has protection against sweat so you can work out perfectly , but in extreme case like a rain or swimming it will get damage
"

I'm not sure I would fully believe this. MS also said the Bands were protected against sweat in a similar fashion. We all know how that turned out.

wpcautobot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing when he told me that. I asked for a reference to what he was referring to on the MS product web site for the Headphones. He said it's not posted there but they have an internal document saying that they are protected. I take it with a grain of salt at best. I think it's unlikely though that they are protected because if they were, they'd want to advertise that fact.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3