YouTube Premium - worth it? Thought Share?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes, this is less MS related.
And yes, i still use WP - HP Elite x3 and right now Alcatel Idol 4s

(Btw the Idol is an AWESOME phone....while I double it would have saved WP - I think tons of people would have loved the experience - good hardware, solid look...)

I am going to migrate to Android...one the Nokia 9 comes out (if it ever comes out?)

Share your thoughts!

Thanks,

Mr. V

Dan Min

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Okay uhmmm here is the thing.

Before YouTube people was downloading there videos. If you wanted to share something you would P2P the video. It was private and secure.

YouTube offered money for videos is what attracted people.

Also people who was not computer savy also able to upload and embed videos. Before this we had video website or you would P2P the video file.

So YouTube basically dumbed down users and took away the privacy factor. You could literally download videos from YouTube without any sign in that are products you buy. There is violent material on youtube that is not censored at all.

So in my opinion I would not pay YouTube unless youtube is paying you. Same with Hulu and other pay tv services. Unless it was something specific not offered on such services.

Like back when we had payperview. I mean wayyyyy back there was the censored version and the suggestive content version. Reason why you have stupid videos because of such ideas.

So again I mean go ahead burn money but otherwise it is a wasted investment. Again youtube should be paying you

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Hello Deborah,

Do you have any other services like Netflix, Amazon Prime TV, Hulu?

Also what do you find best about You Tube Premium? Are the TV shows decent? You get Google Music as well?

Thanks,

Mr. V
, I personally think Netflix has better content.
Also note that they are stopping Google+ because of a recent major leakage of privacy info (financial, passwords etc), don't know if Google+ is related in any way to Youtube Premium, but just incase it is I thought I would mention it here.
Source: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Googl...oses-data-of-52-5-million-users.376626.0.html

Also got to agree with Dan Min here, you are paying twice for the subscription. ~90% of Google's profit comes from ads and telemetry. I personally would not trust and invest in a company like that.

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Personally I don't care for YouTube Premium. The content is not compelling, and it has a VERY annoying "feature" The videos continue to play in the background when you switch to another window. I actually don't like that, I'd rather have them just stop or pause.

Other services are better, especially Netflix as someone else mentioned. Amazon Prime Videos and Hulu, also have excellent exclusive/original shows. Netflix is the best though in my opinion. I could survive on Netflix alone and with no "cable" TV.

Deborah_Sawyer

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I actually answered to quickly. I do not have YouTube TV, but I have the music subscription which includes the family plan. I did do a free trial. YouTube TV is still fresh. Some networks are still not available. So I am still subscribing to Dish Network, and other services like Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3