Is microsoft gonna come late to the foldable phone category?

thepestilence

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Samsung & huawei seem to be on the verge of revealing their devices this year with google backing them on the software front, and based on rumors, apple is due to follow next year. Microsoft came in late with its last efforts. Am just wondering if we're gonna see microsoft repeat history here and re-enter after IOS and android dominate that category and give its fans more of that peri-microsft stress disorder?

Jules W

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
What makes anyone think that Microsoft is going to release a Foldable phone. Despite all the Rumours, Microsoft has clearly stated that Windows Mobile is dead, and no longer supported. So a Microsoft hardware mobile device, could only be Android based, and what is the business driver for that ?

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
MS won't come late to the foldable phone category, they will never enter to that competition. Probably they will make some great prototypes for foldable devices and then it will get cancelled and never heard again.

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
What makes anyone think that Microsoft is going to release a Foldable phone. Despite all the Rumours, Microsoft has clearly stated that Windows Mobile is dead, and no longer supported. So a Microsoft hardware mobile device, could only be Android based, and what is the business driver for that ?
Microsoft Android based? Of course not, in fact, the rumors point to software developement (Andrómeda's code found), we don't know too much about hardware. Windows hardware with Android software has no sense.

Microsoft did announce that they will be at Mobile World Congress this year so who knows.
That's a good new, keep hope.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft Android based? Of course not, in fact, the rumors point to software developement (Andrómeda's code found), we don't know too much about hardware. Windows hardware with Android software has no sense.

That's a good new, keep hope.

I think MS being at MWC will be Hololens related, hopefully they will surprise us with something.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I think with Microsoft's continued push for eSIMS and LTE devices, they will release a foldable device with phone capabilities. However, it won't be a traditional smartphone and will instead focus more on productivity. At least for now, until there's a major shift in technology, the "phone" days of Microsoft are over.

Dono Newcomb

May 8, 2014
Visit site
However, it won't be a traditional smartphone and will instead focus more on productivity. At least for now, until there's a major shift in technology, the "phone" days of Microsoft are over.

I am glad for this, I don't think I was ever really wanting a "Smartphone" the name implies that the users doesn't have to think. What I really have been wanting all along is a computer that has the ability to make phone calls and text as computers should have been able to all along...

I never wanted to give up thinking for myself... :sweaty:

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99