Android - Change 'read only' status in Office Mobile

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
What is the procedure for opening and editing a Word or Excel document that you open on your phone via OneDrive? I open important docs and they only open as read-only causing a massive problem with alternate versions saving, etc etc.

Any help on this?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure you can just open the document directly in Word on your phone, ready to be edited. This is a safety measure. That's why you have to always save it to your device first to then edit it as you need to.

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure you can just open the document directly in Word on your phone, ready to be edited. This is a safety measure. That's why you have to always save it to your device first to then edit it as you need to.
Yeah, except, I don't get the safety measure thing, I've already been asked to sign in to all devices, being more secure than that is overkill is it impedes easy use of my documents.

The problem with the saving to the phone is that that causes this awful cycle where the next device you use the document on says it has inconsistencies that need to be repaired and also leaves you with two different versions synced that are difficult to differentiate.

Is there ANY cloud tool that lets you edit "live" files in the cloud?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, except, I don't get the safety measure thing, I've already been asked to sign in to all devices, being more secure than that is overkill is it impedes easy use of my documents.

The problem with the saving to the phone is that that causes this awful cycle where the next device you use the document on says it has inconsistencies that need to be repaired and also leaves you with two different versions synced that are difficult to differentiate.

Is there ANY cloud tool that lets you edit "live" files in the cloud?

Can't you do this with OneDrive and Office Online for PC?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos