Microsoft windows mobile

Prometheus2021

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I don't think they will come out with a Mobile device anytime soon, or maybe even at all. As we know, they completely killed off what was left of W10M and for the few of us who still rock their Microsoft phones this is our last year with any support from MS. Their best bet is to create a new category, just like they did with the Surface line. Andromeda is rumored to come out, but that is more of a pocket computer, a companion to your phone, not so much a phone replacement. MS best bet for an actual Mobile looks to be resting on its partners. The only questions here is whether MS is trying to develop an OS that is both part of the Windows ecosystem and can be used as a mobile OS. Two big issues I see with this is 1) App gap; they need to get the developers to bring some of the big name apps to the platform and 2) The bitter after taste of what W10M could have been and that is still fresh in the ones of most of us. An aggressive ad camping showing of its capabilities and how it stand out from the rest, and at the same time integrates to an already robust ecosystem would be the solution for #2 . The big one tho is the app gap. Only time will tell if MS themselves will actually try (again) to bring a mobile option to the world. Although I highly doubt that

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not Dan but I'll probably have to do.

It's highly unlikely. If there was anything to share, we'd have heard of it. Ubuntu Touch and Sailfish might be worth trying if a change from the two big players is on your mind. Maybe even KaiOS if you're looking for a slightly-more-smart feature phone experience.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I believe he just means in general.
Well if in "general", than any new pocketable ARM device running a flavor of W10 (WCOS/W10oA) would fall in that category imo. Of which none have made it to the market yet. So personally my answer would be not yet. However I'm not Dan so it's best he provide insight on that. It might be about time though for Zac or Dan to give a status update from their end on any pocketable ARM devices on the horizon...

Still it would be good to hear what the original poster is really referring to...

Dec 25, 2016
Visit site
I'd rather ask Dan what he liked most about Windows 10 Mobile, and in 2019 what mobile device would he suggest for users still hanging on to Windows Mobile 10 as an alternative to switch to if they are to have the best experience of the kind.

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
Blast from the past, a pocket PC! Novel idea. I used to rock a pocket PC back in the day before iphones and it made calls I believe. Or am I confusing phone functionality with the Palms I also owned during same time period. Regardless, I loved my Pocket PCs.

eshropshire

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft has Centaurus on a path for release. Might be announced this year, but I hear the actual release will be 2020.

Andromeda is all but dead. I have not heard any rumors of release (credible or uncredible). The only mention I have heard on the device in the last six months are on fringe web forums. Andromeda had a lot of problems, first WoA is still not great. The biggest challenge was cost vs. market expectations. The cost would have been $300-500 more than the announced Android folding phones. Cost would limit the market appeal making the market way too small of a market for a WoA device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre