Windows 10 doesn't allow to install amazon prime on laptop

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I wnated to download a movie on prime so I checked for app on Microsoft store but I couldn't find it then I check it online it shows that it is available and when I select install on all of my devices the. It says that there are no devices

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Amazon Instant Video (360) and Amazon Prime Video (Xbox One) should be still available via the xbox store. However for Windows 10 as the other posters stated, there is no such app. So if you see an app install for Amazon Prime Video then it's most likely the one for Xbox One - you can check this by scrolling down and looking at the devices it's been set for to be installed on / compatible on.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Last edited:

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Amazon Instant Video (360) and Amazon Prime Video (Xbox One) should be still available via the xbox store. However for Windows 10 as the other posters stated, there is no such app. So if you see an app install for Amazon Prime Video then it's most likely the one for Xbox One - you can check this by scrolling down and looking at the devices it's been set for to be installed on / compatible on.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

I once called Amazon support to ask them why they didn't support Windows Phone (at that time) and they were clueless. It's funny. Amazon says that Prime video works 'on all devices'. That clearly isn't true.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I once called Amazon support to ask them why they didn't support Windows Phone (at that time) and they were clueless. It's funny. Amazon says that Prime video works 'on all devices'. That clearly isn't true.

Usually, first line support are generally not tech proficient as most times all they have to do is follow a set script lol..

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes, that was the impression I got. Also though, they clearly didn't know what a Windows Mobile device was. That was sad, but not unexpected really.

I agree not really unexpected, my bank awhile stopped supporting the Windows Mobile app. Which was incredibly disappointing given I switched to that bank just because of the app. It was so darn convenient to use the app, but given the state of WM 10 don't really have any other options to switch to any other bank.

The thing that irks me the most is that UWP will be another example of mismanagement because Apple has announced they want to merge all their apps by 2021.

www.digitaltrends.com/computing/apple-combines-macos-ios-2021/

With a SDK out by June 2019, whilst Microsoft chasing butterflies with PWA where infrastructure is nowhere near ready for complex applications.

Anyway, the merits of UWP have already been discussed ad nauseam and such discussion has already fallen on deaf ears at Microsoft. It remains to be seen what they do with Windows 'Santorini'.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I agree not really unexpected, my bank awhile stopped supporting the Windows Mobile app. Which was incredibly disappointing given I switched to that bank just because of the app. It was so darn convenient to use the app, but given the state of WM 10 don't really have any other options to switch to any other bank.

The thing that irks me the most is that UWP will be another example of mismanagement because Apple has announced they want to merge all their apps by 2021.

www.digitaltrends.com/computing/apple-combines-macos-ios-2021/

With a SDK out by June 2019, whilst Microsoft chasing butterflies with PWA where infrastructure is nowhere near ready for complex applications.

Anyway, the merits of UWP have already been discussed ad nauseam and such discussion has already fallen on deaf ears at Microsoft. It remains to be seen what they do with Windows 'Santorini'.

I didn't know Apple planned to do the same UWP thing. The thing is though, Apple are very clever. They watch others fail and then take that failure, tweak it and fix it, and deliver it the way it should be done and the masses love it. Sadly though MS seem to just rush things out without any real thought. They tend to release things or do things that they want, not what the consumers want, then wonder why nearly most things end up failing.

Going back to the OP's question, just access http://www.primevideo.com to get Amazon Prime on Windows. It works with Chrome at least. Knowing Amazon it may not work in Edge. I don't know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3