How to get a list of all commands and their switches for windows 10 command prompt and funtion

David Bohannan

Feb 20, 2019
Visit site
When I search with Google I get commands list and no switches ...using help/? Does not give me enough detailed info..
I am 56 and just learning windows. I want to learn ms-dos and dos .Just to learn something new..thanks

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hiya David,

Funnily enough, I've also been on a MS dos binge lately :D sooo for the commands, just start up cmd (I'm assuming you've found out all the nifty ways to start it by now) > type in 'help' without the quotations and this will provide you with a list of all the commands.

You can go one step further by asking for an explanation of every command. For example, the very first command I get is 'Assoc', which is just short for associations. If I want to get an explanation of what assoc does and what kind of commands I need to enter to get the information I want, I would just simply type 'assoc /?'. Again, without quotations. The '/?' is simply another way of saying/typing 'help'.

You can head over to YouTube and look for John Hammond. He has a tutorial series for cmd. Has about 95 vids I think :)

Welcome to the forums and good luck on your new journey

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism