how do I get rid of the popups from this site

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
You can use an adblock extension like Ublock Origin and you can use the element picker (next to the lightning icon) to tailor a whitelist. The aforesaid extension will also block adverts in other websites.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

breezyboy

Feb 23, 2019
Visit site
I am also getting many pop ups from this site. I use uBlock Origin and McAfee on my desktop. How is it that your ads are getting through? Please tell me how to permanently disable them. Thank you.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I am also getting many pop ups from this site. I use uBlock Origin and McAfee on my desktop. How is it that your ads are getting through? Please tell me how to permanently disable them. Thank you.

I am sure that with uBlock Origin, and maybe even McAfee, you can open up their browser extension (I use Chrome) and they have an option where you can select a page element (i.e. a banner) to disable. I use that to select any other ads that are not blocked automatically.

So you click the uBlock Origin browser extension to open it, then click the element picker option, and select the ad you want to disable and it'll remove it. Repeat that as needed.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

1) Is ublock origin turned on?
2) Check the ublock origin whitelist.

For additional control, you can use noscript which allows even more granular control. However, most find that annoying as a web page can load many elements and scripts. Therefore you may have to scroll down and enable each element manually to get a page to render properly.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
1) Is ublock origin turned on?
2) Check the ublock origin whitelist.

For additional control, you can use noscript which allows even more granular control. However, most find that annoying as a web page can load many elements and scripts. Therefore you may have to scroll down and enable each element manually to get a page to render properly.

The amount of ads on here is getting a little OTT now. I think many members would welcome the ability to pay one-time to remove all the ads. I'd go for it at least.

breezyboy

Feb 23, 2019
Visit site
I am sure that with uBlock Origin, and maybe even McAfee, you can open up their browser extension (I use Chrome) and they have an option where you can select a page element (i.e. a banner) to disable. I use that to select any other ads that are not blocked automatically.

So you click the uBlock Origin browser extension to open it, then click the element picker option, and select the ad you want to disable and it'll remove it. Repeat that as needed.

Ok, I have tried the element picker to disable the ads. Hopefully this is a permanent solution. I have never been to this website before so I am confused as to how I was getting ads in the first place. The only reason I am even here now is because I was getting the ads. I find it a little ridiculous that I am having to jump through all of these hoops to turn off invasive ads that I don't want to see. Anyways, thanks for your response. Cheers.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I have tried the element picker to disable the ads. Hopefully this is a permanent solution. I have never been to this website before so I am confused as to how I was getting ads in the first place. The only reason I am even here now is because I was getting the ads. I find it a little ridiculous that I am having to jump through all of these hoops to turn off invasive ads that I don't want to see. Anyways, thanks for your response. Cheers.

The element picker should stop those ads from appearing again so you should be able to enjoy the site as ad-free as possible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mietaz