Backup OneDrive Files onto a microSD Card

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Greetings, everyone. It's been awhile, but life continues on. I've been doing some spring cleaning with my digital life, and trying to organize my OneDrive. I'd like to keep my OneDrive music locally on my device, but I don't have nearly enough internal storage to do so (sad face). Solution? microSD card. I've got a 128GB card installed, formatted, and ready to go but I can't seem to figure out how to get OneDrive to store and backup my music on the microSD card instead of internal storage. OneDrive's settings on Windows 10 are still very much an impenetrable mess, and I don't dive into them very often.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
First, please do this to mount your SD card permanently as storage:

https://www.radishlogic.com/tools/making-sd-card-permanent-storage-windows-10/

Then, open up the OneDrive program on your computer (from the taskbar). Go to Settings > Account and unlink and follow the steps.

Then when the OneDrive wizard starts up again, and asks for your OneDrive folder location, point to your SD card and then it will copy all the OneDrive files to your SD card. In that folder, just put your music files to sync on OneDrive.

This works fine for me on my SP2.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I would also consider a second type of backup. If this is going to be your only copy of music, it's better to have a second copy on a different storage medium just in case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3