Hi everyone

I’m looking for a new notebook and I can’t decide between the MS Surface Book 2 and the HP EliteBook 1040 x360 G5.

Both are 2in1, have an i7, have enough RAM, a good keyboard, a good screen and both are similar in pricing.

The main advantage I see in the Surface is the detachable screen while the EliteBook has 4G connectivity.

Which one would you prefer and why?
    04-14-2019 10:11 AM
    Welcome to the forums, @suiMarc!

I've always wanted a SurfaceBook, so I'd pick that. I also don't use a PC to play games so the SB2 would be fine for my needs. What I like about the SurfaceBook is what you said, that fact that it is detachable so you can still do work without being tethered to a desk. That's a big plus for me and is why I'd pick the SB2.
    04-15-2019 08:30 AM
    Hi everyone

I’m looking for a new notebook and I can’t decide between the MS Surface Book 2 and the HP EliteBook 1040 x360 G5.

Both are 2in1, have an i7, have enough RAM, a good keyboard, a good screen and both are similar in pricing.

The main advantage I see in the Surface is the detachable screen while the EliteBook has 4G connectivity.

Which one would you prefer and why?
    , the elitebook is a good choice if you want to service, upgrade or repair your own device. The surfacebook is a good choice if you value a 3:2 screen and detach screen function. Both are expensive so it is advised to wait for a sale or buy refurbished.
    04-16-2019 01:22 PM
    , the elitebook is a good choice if you want to service, upgrade or repair your own device. The surfacebook is a good choice if you value a 3:2 screen and detach screen function. Both are expensive so it is advised to wait for a sale or buy refurbished.
    Very good points made! I think most people would want the service and upgrade ability. Personally, I prefer the detachable screen option.
    ochhanz likes this.
    04-17-2019 08:58 AM
    Very good points made! I think most people would want the service and upgrade ability. Personally, I prefer the detachable screen option.
    , if only 3:2 screens would be more popular or the surface book would be serviceable. With the lack of mortar & brick Microsoft Stores in non-US regions and lack of repairability, I cannot justify spending so much money on a laptop but it seems to be perfect otherwise for me.
    Yesterday 02:44 PM