Power down impossible for GPU swap when display not working due to uninstalling old GPU driver first

kwdobson79

Apr 14, 2019
Visit site
Don’t you need to install the new GPU card driver, power down your PC; turn off you PSU; swap GPU cards, power up your PC; and, then once you get your monitor display to work with the new GPU card; then and only then uninstall the old GPU card driver; otherwise, won’t you lose monitor display functionality to do everything else, including the ability to power down your PC, if you uninstall the existing GPU card driver first and your monitor display stops working?

kwdobson79

Apr 14, 2019
Visit site
No. Unfortunately the used HP Compaq Elite 8200 CMT that I purchased came with a Diamond All-in-Wonder HD3650 Graphics Card and the original HP 450w proprietary power supply. So, to make sure that I was going to have adequate power to supply a new graphics card, I replaced the PSU with an EVGA 650w PSU, which I just finished installing this weekend. The new GPU that I will be installing is an EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti SuperClocked Graphics Card - 2 GB GDDR5 - 128-bit. So, I'm changing from ATI Diamond All-in-Wonder graphics card to EVGA.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans