Remove "Not Responding" permanently in Windows 7.

Ahmeto Fihhhters

Jun 28, 2019
Visit site
Hello!

Is the way to remove "(Not Responding)" completely and permanently instead of fixing? Or prevent brightness adjust after clicking a program window?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

Is the way to remove "(Not Responding)" completely and permanently instead of fixing? Or prevent brightness adjust after clicking a program window?

This usually occurs when

a) you're system is out of resources and needs to force close an application.

b) you have failing mechanical hard drive or ssd.

c) you don't have enough ram

d) you have faulty memory modules - restart the PC, hold F8 and run mem test.

You will need to provide alot more information about your PC before people can help you further :winktongue:.

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 30, 2007
Visit site
A "<Program Name> is not responding" error is so generic that you have to have more details. Best things to start with are:

1. What background programs are running?
  2. What are your specs?
  3. What were you trying to do when this popped up?

Ahmeto Fihhhters

Jun 28, 2019
Visit site
A "<Program Name> is not responding" error is so generic that you have to have more details. Best things to start with are:

1. What background programs are running?
  2. What are your specs?
  3. What were you trying to do when this popped up?

Winrar, Emulator (possibly NES emulator called "Nestopia" and FCEUX), Folders etc.
2,00 RAM, so more (and rest is never telling because it's i don't have a time to writ it)!
For example, popping up Opera again.

Unfortunately, we posted 4 days later because i don't have not responding error mostly.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
This is an error type, so no it can't be removed. It usually means your system resources are all tied up so try removing any unnecessary programs (especially in Startup) and think about upgrading RAM, CPU, HDD if you can to get more resources.

Ahmeto Fihhhters

Jun 28, 2019
Visit site
This is an error type, so no it can't be removed. It usually means your system resources are all tied up so try removing any unnecessary programs (especially in Startup) and think about upgrading RAM, CPU, HDD if you can to get more resources.

How to remove/prevent brightness adjust after clicking or change whiteness to blackness after clicking the window despite not responding?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem, I bought an SSD and the problem gone?

That's most likely due to the fact your mechanical drive was heavily fragmented.

That may be the case for the OP as well.

Can you post a screenshot of Performance tab of the task manager?

Also have you defragged the drive?

If you haven't I would suggest defragging the drive if you have DO NOT have a SSD.

Ahmeto Fihhhters

Jun 28, 2019
Visit site
That's most likely due to the fact your mechanical drive was heavily fragmented.

That may be the case for the OP as well.

Can you post a screenshot of Performance tab of the task manager?

Also have you defragged the drive?

If you haven't I would suggest defragging the drive if you have DO NOT have a SSD.

No.
I see the examination of "OP". Which is "OP" stands for?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
OP means as @Ryujingt3 said above.
I presume, you have no solid state drive?

To defrag:
Go to your in My PC or My Computer -> left click on your C: Drive -> right click -> left click properties -> Tools tab -> Defragment / Optimise -> Start / Run

It will also say how fragmented your drive is after you run analyse.

Once you have done so and if it's running somewhat faster I would recommend downloading Auslogics disk defrag - the free version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss