10-03-2019 08:37 AM
36 12
tools
    Hello!

Is the way to remove "(Not Responding)" completely and permanently instead of fixing? Or prevent brightness adjust after clicking a program window?
    06-28-2019 08:11 AM
    Hello!

Is the way to remove "(Not Responding)" completely and permanently instead of fixing? Or prevent brightness adjust after clicking a program window?
    This usually occurs when

a) you're system is out of resources and needs to force close an application.

b) you have failing mechanical hard drive or ssd.

c) you don't have enough ram

d) you have faulty memory modules - restart the PC, hold F8 and run mem test.

You will need to provide alot more information about your PC before people can help you further .
    06-29-2019 11:48 AM
    A "<Program Name> is not responding" error is so generic that you have to have more details. Best things to start with are:

1. What background programs are running?
    2. What are your specs?
    3. What were you trying to do when this popped up?
    06-29-2019 08:36 PM
    A "<Program Name> is not responding" error is so generic that you have to have more details. Best things to start with are:

1. What background programs are running?
    2. What are your specs?
    3. What were you trying to do when this popped up?
    Winrar, Emulator (possibly NES emulator called "Nestopia" and FCEUX), Folders etc.
    2,00 RAM, so more (and rest is never telling because it's i don't have a time to writ it)!
    For example, popping up Opera again.

Unfortunately, we posted 4 days later because i don't have not responding error mostly.
    07-01-2019 05:09 PM
    This is an error type, so no it can't be removed. It usually means your system resources are all tied up so try removing any unnecessary programs (especially in Startup) and think about upgrading RAM, CPU, HDD if you can to get more resources.
    07-02-2019 09:11 AM
    This is an error type, so no it can't be removed. It usually means your system resources are all tied up so try removing any unnecessary programs (especially in Startup) and think about upgrading RAM, CPU, HDD if you can to get more resources.
    This error is self-aware and can't be removed. It's fixing only.
    07-03-2019 11:04 AM
    How to fix it can you tell pls?

Remove some crappy programs.
    07-05-2019 09:53 AM
    How to remove/prevent brightness adjust after clicking or change whiteness to blackness after clicking the window despite not responding?
    07-05-2019 11:08 AM
    How to remove/prevent brightness adjust after clicking or change whiteness to blackness after clicking the window despite not responding?
    Still i get this eye-damaging thing :(
    07-06-2019 04:12 PM
    Still i get this eye-damaging thing :(
    What exactly happens?
    07-07-2019 05:44 AM
    What exactly happens?
    After clicking a program window. I **** this error as well as "brightness adjust".
    07-07-2019 06:03 AM
    After clicking a program window. I **** this error as well as "brightness adjust".
    C'mon interest this! Also, i can'T find this on yahoo.
    07-08-2019 06:09 AM
    If you can give a screenshot that would be helpful.
    07-09-2019 11:18 AM
    If you can give a screenshot that would be helpful.
    Unfortunately, i posted you 16 days after:
    https://techspikes.com/wp-content/up...-Programs.png
    07-25-2019 06:23 AM
    I had the same problem, I bought an SSD and the problem gone?
    That's most likely due to the fact your mechanical drive was heavily fragmented.

That may be the case for the OP as well.

Unfortunately, i posted you 16 days after:
    https://techspikes.com/wp-content/up...-Programs.png

Can you post a screenshot of Performance tab of the task manager?

Also have you defragged the drive?

If you haven't I would suggest defragging the drive if you have DO NOT have a SSD.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-25-2019 08:15 AM
    That's most likely due to the fact your mechanical drive was heavily fragmented.

That may be the case for the OP as well.

Can you post a screenshot of Performance tab of the task manager?

Also have you defragged the drive?

If you haven't I would suggest defragging the drive if you have DO NOT have a SSD.
    No.
    I see the examination of "OP". Which is "OP" stands for?
    07-25-2019 09:53 AM
    No.
    I see the examination of "OP". Which is "OP" stands for?
    OP means 'Original Poster' meaning the person who started the thread (i.e. you).

Give the disc a defrag and see if that helps.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-25-2019 10:15 AM
    OP means as @Ryujingt3 said above.
    I presume, you have no solid state drive?

To defrag:
    Go to your in My PC or My Computer -> left click on your C: Drive -> right click -> left click properties -> Tools tab -> Defragment / Optimise -> Start / Run

It will also say how fragmented your drive is after you run analyse.

Once you have done so and if it's running somewhat faster I would recommend downloading Auslogics disk defrag - the free version.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-25-2019 02:51 PM
    OP means 'Original Poster' meaning the person who started the thread (i.e. you).

Give the disc a defrag and see if that helps.
    later.
    07-26-2019 04:44 AM
    Another reason you get that error may be an app hangs. Try removing any apps you don't need from startup and see if that too improves performance.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-28-2019 10:13 AM
    Another reason you get that error may be an app hangs. Try removing any apps you don't need from startup and see if that too improves performance.
    Opera says "not responding". I have a Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. So, i get login error or don't get login in chrome, how to fix it. But my PC have lot of NES and SNES roms.
    07-29-2019 10:18 AM
    Opera says "not responding". I have a Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. So, i get login error or don't get login in chrome, how to fix it. But my PC have lot of NES and SNES roms.
    Have you tried running a defrag?
    07-30-2019 07:32 AM
    Have you tried running a defrag?
    No, later
    07-30-2019 07:51 AM
    No, later
    If you are not willing to run a defrag, then I'm not sure how any one else will be able to help you?

By running a defrag, you free up space in the file allocation table as well as placing the fragmented bites of files in a sequential order that allows the O/S to load, find and execute them quicker.

The other benefit of freeing up space in the file table is that your page file is not fragmented all over your hard drive thus boosting performance.

As I highly doubt you have it set the page file at fixed size, a dynamic page file is diabolical in reducing performance in a heavily fragmented drive not to mention if the system has it set to use more than physical ram in your system.

This is what people generally use to refer to as "system slow downs" therefore erroneously recommending clean installs after a prolonged (i.e over a year) use of a Windows PC.

On a mechanical hdd, anything placed inside the platter will take longer to load and anything on the outer rim will take less time to load (seek times). Therefore to speed up a drive as much as possible with software, you will need to place the page file on the outer rim and set it to the same amount as your ram and have the windows folder start after in a sequential order.
    ud-1.jpg

In short. Defrag. Your. Drive. Or invest in a SSD - You can purchase a 120 Gig SSD for about 20 bucks from Amazon.com.
    Last edited by TechFreak1; 07-30-2019 at 09:40 AM.
    07-30-2019 09:25 AM
    If you are not willing to run a defrag, then I'm not sure how any one else will be able to help you?

By running a defrag, you free up space in the file allocation table as well as placing the fragmented bites of files in a sequential order that allows the O/S to load, find and execute them quicker.

The other benefit of freeing up space in the file table is that your page file is not fragmented all over your hard drive thus boosting performance.

As I highly doubt you have it set the page file at fixed size, a dynamic page file is diabolical in reducing performance in a heavily fragmented drive not to mention if the system has it set to use more than physical ram in your system.

This is what people generally use to refer to as "system slow downs" therefore erroneously recommending clean installs after a prolonged (i.e over a year) use of a Windows PC.

On a mechanical hdd, anything placed inside the platter will take longer to load and anything on the outer rim will take less time to load (seek times). Therefore to speed up a drive as much as possible with software, you will need to place the page file on the outer rim and set it to the same amount as your ram and have the windows folder start after in a sequential order.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UD 1.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	396.5 KB 
ID:	141111

In short. Defrag. Your. Drive. Or invest in a SSD - You can purchase a 120 Gig SSD for about 20 bucks from Amazon.com.
    This is a great reply, hopefully the OP will take note - thanks!
    TechFreak1 likes this.
    07-30-2019 10:10 AM
36 12