Verizon Unlimited customers:Get a year of Disney+ for free
09-27-2019 09:50 AM
42 12
tools
    When I go into my settings and click the "manage permissions" button, all it allows me to do is remove flash permissions on websites, not add them. Certain sites like Netflix or Wikipedia asked for the flash player once, then always saved it. Other sites like lyric websites never asked for it and still enabled it anyways. I like to play on the website (link removed by mod) but every time I open the website it asks me to enable flash player. Flash is enabled, but this particular site is not on the list of permissions, and I don't know how to add it to the list. I always have to manually select the allow once option, click sign in, enter my information, allow flash only once again, then be redirected back to the sign in page after I've already signed in. This is the only website I use that doesn't give me an option to always enable flash, and I can't find anywhere in the setting how to fix this. Does anyone know how to always enable flash on websites? Not all websites, just specific ones. I've also so far not seen anyone else ask this and get a straight answer that doesn't involve crazy steps or downgrading the system. I'd like to be able to do this without downgrading my privacy or taking 3 hours to complete the steps.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07-11-2019 at 06:06 PM. Reason: removed link
    07-11-2019 11:22 AM
    What browser are you using?
    07-12-2019 09:38 AM
    I've been using Edge since it loads faster. Websites on Chrome take a lot longer to load on my computer. I've been told by an old teacher, a website representative, and my mom that Edge is not a good browser to use, but I don't like how long it takes Chrome to load.
    07-19-2019 02:45 AM
    I have multiple sites pre saved on my computer, and sites I never saved but still have saved as well. I know for a fact that one site on the list I manually saved in my settings, but I can't remember how I did it, and the settings tell me nothing. I checked Edge's settings and the computer settings but found nothing.
    07-19-2019 02:47 AM
    07-19-2019 02:52 AM
    You may want to try the new Edge Chromium. I find it to be faster than Chrome. But both browsers may not allow you to permanently enable Flash for security reasons. In that case, can't you just install a Chrome extension to enable or disable Flash per website?

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...imkipmoe?hl=en
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-19-2019 10:14 AM
    My computer doesn't always download things the way it's supposed to. I can't trust everything I try to download, because sometimes it downloads add-ons that take up space on the computer and serve no purpose but interrupt my screen all the time. I tried downloading a game once and got pop-up ads, an extra chrome look-a-like search extension, and found 7 other added extensions in my settings that I didn't even need, and the game never worked. My computer tells me that I am upgraded to windows 10 but I have an old computer so it never works perfectly.
    07-23-2019 12:34 AM
    Flash works more often on chrome than it does on edge, but only gives me the option to allow flash once or always block it.
    07-23-2019 12:36 AM
    I downloaded the extension, turned it on, reloaded the page, and it still says flash is not enabled.Attachment 141083
    07-23-2019 12:43 AM
    My computer doesn't always download things the way it's supposed to. I can't trust everything I try to download, because sometimes it downloads add-ons that take up space on the computer and serve no purpose but interrupt my screen all the time. I tried downloading a game once and got pop-up ads, an extra chrome look-a-like search extension, and found 7 other added extensions in my settings that I didn't even need, and the game never worked. My computer tells me that I am upgraded to windows 10 but I have an old computer so it never works perfectly.
    It sounds like you need an ad-blocker to stop this sort of stuff (ads) being displayed, and an antivirus program to get rid of anything nasty that gets installed without your permission.
    07-24-2019 09:56 AM
    I can't even download anti virus protection. All the ones I tried to download also gave me extra add-ons that I didn't need.
    07-27-2019 12:24 AM
    I can't even download anti virus protection. All the ones I tried to download also gave me extra add-ons that I didn't need.
    Have you tried any of these?
    Best Free Antivirus Alternatives to Windows Defender of 2019 https://www.windowscentral.com/best-free-antivirus
    07-27-2019 12:49 AM
    I would also recommend you install Malwarebytes (the free version) and run that and delete whatever it finds. It can work together with whatever antivirus you choose.
    Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    07-28-2019 10:15 AM
    I would also recommend you install Malwarebytes (the free version) and run that and delete whatever it finds. It can work together with whatever antivirus you choose.
    So uh, I don't know what I did, but the day after I downloaded the flash pluggin, mu computer just basically broke. It constantly goes into power saving mode (or sleep mode) and I have to completely shut it off to turn it back on. Also a windows updater thing, I dont know what it is, keeps popping up every time I turn on the computer. All I see is that basic blank coding screen on old computers with the blinking line in the top left corner, but it never does anything. I can't type anything in and when I try to close it, it keeps saying "it might do something if you wait" but closing it doesn't seem to affect anything on my computer. I thought it was a space thing at first, but I have over half of my space freed up, and it wont even let me delete things in the settings apart from deleting photos or videos from my files. Also right before I read your message I had some anti virus thing pop up saying it detected something, but just yesterday my computer scanned and found no viruses, and I haven't installed, downloaded, or uploaded anything since then. I'm thinking about just switching to a laptop at this point, but I don't have the money or sane mind to use one (every single laptop I've owned either stopped working or the keys broke off/stopped working).
    07-30-2019 02:56 AM
    Have you tried any of these?
    Best Free Antivirus Alternatives to Windows Defender of 2019 https://www.windowscentral.com/best-free-antivirus
    The thing is, my computer already has a built in anti virus detection setting in it. It scanned for viruses just yesterday when I told it to and found nothing. I don't know if it is good or working, but it gives off different results than ones I've downloaded.
    07-30-2019 03:00 AM
    There's also this extra search engine that gets added to my computer when I download games, whether they are from trusted sites or not, and whether the app actually finishes the downloading process or not. It's called Chromium. I've never heard of it, but apparently it looks like an off brand version of Chrome (instead of green, yellow, red and blue, it's just 4 different shades of blue). This is the one thing that is always constant with downloads. I've gotten anti virus apps that practically scream at me maybe 3 times, but that weird search engine comes every single time. I don't know what company owns it, or if it is actually a secret virus, but it isn't currently on my computer and is pretty easy to delete.
    07-30-2019 03:04 AM
    There's also this extra search engine that gets added to my computer when I download games, whether they are from trusted sites or not, and whether the app actually finishes the downloading process or not. It's called Chromium. I've never heard of it, but apparently it looks like an off brand version of Chrome (instead of green, yellow, red and blue, it's just 4 different shades of blue). This is the one thing that is always constant with downloads. I've gotten anti virus apps that practically scream at me maybe 3 times, but that weird search engine comes every single time. I don't know what company owns it, or if it is actually a secret virus, but it isn't currently on my computer and is pretty easy to delete.
    Any chance of a screenshot?
    07-30-2019 10:09 AM
    I deleted it when it appeared because I didn't think it was important. This app called Updater comes up every time I turn on my computer. It's the one I mentioned above thats just a blank screen with a blinking _ in the top left corner. the logo is a > with a _ underneath it. I have to close the app twice for it to stop opening. It doesn't do anything, and even though it says that the process will eventually load, I've waited a long time and never saw anything happen. I don't know what it does. I also turned on my computer today and it said it had to restart to avoid a problem, but didn't tell me what the problem is. I'm deleting files/games on my computer to see if anything changes. Maybe the cause of this is an unknown or undetected virus I accidentally got when downloading something.
    08-01-2019 01:35 AM
    msef.png
    Got this message when trying to empty my trash bin. I allowed the file to be deleted, but I don't know why it even had a folder since I deleted the app a few days ago.
    08-01-2019 01:42 AM
    My trash bin is empty, I have nothing on my computer except photos I want to save/important files I don't think I should delete, and I'm hoping I can transfer the photos to a flash drive soon, but I've been saving photos on my computer for about 2 years, so I highly doubt that is the problem.
    08-01-2019 01:44 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	msef.PNG 
Views:	12 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	141117
    Got this message when trying to empty my trash bin. I allowed the file to be deleted, but I don't know why it even had a folder since I deleted the app a few days ago.
    This looks like web browser software. If you didn't install it yourself then it may have been installed by other programs.

Download MalwareBytes at the link below (it should ask you where to save the file when you click the link). Once installed, run it, and let it scan and then delete all that it finds and see if that helps.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-01-2019 10:15 AM
    This looks like web browser software. If you didn't install it yourself then it may have been installed by other programs.

Download MalwareBytes at the link below (it should ask you where to save the file when you click the link). Once installed, run it, and let it scan and then delete all that it finds and see if that helps.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/
    Like I stated before, it gets downloaded whenever I add a new game to my computer. I didn't authorize it, and for some reason deleting the program did not delete the files for the program, so I had to manually delete it myself. Also like I stated before, my computer already has a malware/virus protector/search app that found nothing bad on my computer, but a completely random virus protector app came up one day on my computer telling me it found some viruses, but I never installed the app or even knew it was on my computer. Apps randomly will have something pop up the day after I've deleted them, and I'll somehow find files for the app that weren't there when I still had the app installed. Every time I delete an app, it sends me more stuff I don't need that I'll once Again have to delete. I've deleted all the apps on my computer that I downloaded around the time of all this happening, deleted random files and photos I didn't need, and made sure my trash was empty. That weird Chromium app is no longer on my computer, all of its files have been removed, and my computer is still having trouble. I checked again and still my computer hasn't detected and viruses or malware, and there isn't anything blocking windows from updating, so I don't know what is going on. I'll turn on the monitor, log in to the computer, and the monitor will immediately go into power saving mode, where I can't press any buttons to turn it back on, so I have to manually restart the computer for it to work. The longer
    I use the computer the faster it gets, but the web pages for Chrome and Edge always close a few times before properly working. Also that Updater app still doesn't do anything, and this time it closed itself without me doing anything.
    08-01-2019 08:08 PM
    I installed the malware protector that you sent me, and it claimed to delete 5 threats to my computer, then restarted, but my computer is still acting up. My browser sometimes closes or opens extra browsers, I still don't know what that Updater app is, and overall it still feels slow when I log on to the computer. I'm hoping it'll start working better soon.
    08-01-2019 08:27 PM
    I found out it's just better to do individual scans since the overall scan found 5 threats and the scan of one specific folder found over 80 threats.
    08-01-2019 10:16 PM
    I found out it's just better to do individual scans since the overall scan found 5 threats and the scan of one specific folder found over 80 threats.
    What was the folder with the 80 threats? Did you remove them all?
    08-03-2019 10:59 AM
42 12