Is there a way to move all files from all subfolders of a certain folder into a single folder?

I downloaded all my photos from my Google Photos, but there are separate folders for every day when a photo was taken (e.g. pictures taken on 8 June 2015 are in ...\Desktop\Pictures\2015-06-08). I'd like to move all of those pictures into a single folder (e.g. ...\Desktop\Pictures).
    08-14-2019 11:13 AM
    in explorer, go to Desktop\Pictures. search for jpg, it should search subfolders , select all, copy, paste to the pictures folder.
    Make sure you are satisfied with the results before deleting subfolder pictures.
    mr_master likes this.
    08-14-2019 06:49 PM
    in explorer, go to Desktop\Pictures. search for jpg, it should search subfolders , select all, copy, paste to the pictures folder.
    Make sure you are satisfied with the results before deleting subfolder pictures.
    Thanks! I didn't think of that
    08-15-2019 05:08 AM
    This is always a useful tip to know! It's saved me tons when working with my old MP3 collection.
    mr_master likes this.
    08-15-2019 10:09 AM
    To add to the helpful tip above :

It works for any file format as well, best method is to use *.whateverfileformat i.e. *.bmp *.gif etc. As it also acts as filter as well for example if you have .psd file called Document cover and you search doc for documents you will get that PSD file along with another file containing the chacters - doc . However if you searched *.doc you will only get word documents and nothing else.
    mr_master likes this.
    08-15-2019 12:45 PM
    To add to the helpful tip above :

It works for any file format as well, best method is to use *.whateverfileformat i.e. *.bmp *.gif etc. As it also acts as filter as well for example if you have .psd file called Document cover and you search doc for documents you will get that PSD file along with another file containing the chacters - doc . However if you searched *.doc you will only get word documents and nothing else.
    Good tip! Using *. reminds me of the DOS days.
    08-17-2019 11:11 AM