Why did Win 10 version 1903 create a new user

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Got the update to 1903 (OS Build 18362.295) yesterday. Afterward, I discovered it had created a new c: user and moved all files under that account. The original is still there but has only an App Data file. The only difference in the user name is it added .000 to the end.

This has created problems with a couple of programs so far that are looking for the other account for file locations.

Is this a known issue? So far, I have just pointed the programs to the new location.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't have that issue after installing 1903 although my PC got 1903 via Windows Update about a week ago. I have however seen something similiar in Windows 7 when there is a corrupt file that points to user data directories. But that was years ago lol... do these steps help?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/14039/windows-7-fix-corrupted-user-profile

The only other instance where a random username was created when I had a corrupt .msi installer for version of dot netframework which create a user called ASP.NET Machine Account and moved my profile settings to it (This happened on Windows 10 1803 iirc).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb