Office active pen for drawing and as mouse

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to map one of the active pen buttons to toggle/switch between drawing and scrolling in Office programs (Word, Excel etc).

At default the active pen draws in Office programs which is fine but I want to also use it for scrolling and selecting stuff like someone would use a mouse.
Now what I currently do is setting the active pen at default to act as a mouse in Office and added the 'draw with touch' button to the 'quick access toolbar'. Now in theory this is fine but there is a bug with Office that the button does not work anymore frequently and you will have to restart e.g. Word to make it working again (quite annoying).

So is there an other solution or trick to make the pen work for drawing and mouse usage?

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
I am not sure it is possible, but someone else may know more than me!
, i did notice that at the surface event they showed new pens etc, maybe MS will implement more pen support features too for Windows. Using the pen and the buttons is pretty great but it definitely lacks some extra Windows features, making it more niche than it has to be.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
, i did notice that at the surface event they showed new pens etc, maybe MS will implement more pen support features too for Windows. Using the pen and the buttons is pretty great but it definitely lacks some extra Windows features, making it more niche than it has to be.

The new pens at the event are available to pre-order, if i recall. They seem to get more and more expensive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro