Your phone app doesn't connect

Wasath

Jul 29, 2018
Visit site
Hi
I tried a lot of times to connect my Android phone & laptop via Your Phone app. It's always stuck in that 'check your PC screen. When I check my laptop, it says 'check your phone' & no matter how many times I resend that notification from laptop, it doesn't reach my phone.

I've tried everything I can. I tried un-linking my phone from my Microsoft account, terminating & resetting your phone app in laptop, force stopping, reinstalling & everything I can do :(

Both my laptop & phone are plugged in, battery savers are disabled, having all the system requirements, connected to unmetered WiFi, using the same Microsoft account and having up-to-date apps

What should I do now.?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
This may seem like a stupid question but are your phones running Nougat as a minimum? Also, make sure the "Your Phone" app permissions are set properly. Last but not least, you must be signed on to a Microsoft account on your Android and PC.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
This may seem like a stupid question but are your phones running Nougat as a minimum? Also, make sure the "Your Phone" app permissions are set properly. Last but not least, you must be signed on to a Microsoft account on your Android and PC.

My phone is running Android Pie (OS 9). What permissions settings do you mean? And yes, I am logged in to the same MS account.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
This app is super finicky. It works with my Surface GO and my Lenovo Flex 15, but doesn't work with my Yoga 2 Pro..it's 5 years old now, but not everyone has new hardware...

I actually managed to finally get it to work and its underwhelming. Quite disappointing really. What issues are you having with it on your Yoga 2 Pro?

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
1.jpg

I get this ALL the time....

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
What's the difference between those machines? I.e. are they all running the same version of Windows 10 and the Your Phone app?

Exactly! So frustrating...and...my S10 just got the November security update, and I had to start all over with the connection process to get it working with my GO. I guess I'll have to do this after every phone update. Kind of dumb...

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Exactly! So frustrating...and...my S10 just got the November security update, and I had to start all over with the connection process to get it working with my GO. I guess I'll have to do this after every phone update. Kind of dumb...

Try just starting the process entirely from the beginning again. I had to do that several times until it worked.

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I've done everything I can to get my YOGA 2 Pro to connect, but no...So, I'm trying the Google Web Messaging page; I just keep the tab open, and it works great (even with my new Edge beta)! Why can't Your Phone work this easy?

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Is the Yoga 2 running the latest Windows 10 version? Did you uninstall Your Phone from the Android phone (sign out first), then install and set it up on the phone first?

Yes. Thanks for offering your suggestions. For my YOGA, I just user the Google Web messaging page; I set it up in about 30 seconds, and it works fine. For my other devices, I use the Your Phone app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss