Home Windows Central Q&A > Ask a Question

My PC is freezing all the time when i play Video Games

Asked: Oct 10 2019 | 1:03 pm EDT 2615 Views 10 Answers View Best Answer

When i play Video games my PC crashes and an error in the Sytem appears where stands: he device "HID-compliant headset" (location "(unknown)") is offline due to a failure of a user-mode driver. A restart of the device is attempted 4 times. For more information about this issue, contact the device manufacturer.Btw this PC i got is new

Best Answer

More Answers

Oct 11 2019 | 3:08 am EDT N_LaRUE

Do you have a headset that you recently bought and installed the driver for?

That's what error is indicating. Doesn't appear to be anything to do with the actual PC.

It's a driver issue from the headset vendor.

Without further information we can't really help.
Oct 11 2019 | 8:38 am EDT Ryujingt3

How is the headset connected to your PC? As said above, sounds like a headset driver issue which you should be able to fix by installing the latest driver.
Oct 11 2019 | 11:24 pm EDT Laura Knotek

That's not inappropriate. It is most likely the cause and solution to the problem.
Oct 12 2019 | 9:16 am EDT Golfdriver97

That's not inappropriate. It is most likely the cause and solution to the problem.
Not even sure what I was thinking...that's what happens when you study for 2 hours straight after work. The brain gets fried easily I guess...lol
Oct 13 2019 | 9:34 am EDT Ryujingt3

Not even sure what I was thinking...that's what happens when you study for 2 hours straight after work. The brain gets fried easily I guess...lol
What are you studying, if I may ask? Sorry to go OT, but I don't think the OP will reply.
Oct 14 2019 | 9:19 am EDT Golfdriver97

What are you studying, if I may ask? Sorry to go OT, but I don't think the OP will reply.
Software and Web design. Rough couple days at work, and trying to get some posts in after studying wasn't such a great idea.
Oct 17 2019 | 8:56 am EDT Ryujingt3

Software and Web design. Rough couple days at work, and trying to get some posts in after studying wasn't such a great idea.
Sorry to hear you had a rough day. What software are you studying? Do you mean coding? It's cool that you are doing web design too - good luck with it!
Oct 17 2019 | 3:52 pm EDT Golfdriver97

Sorry to hear you had a rough day. What software are you studying? Do you mean coding? It's cool that you are doing web design too - good luck with it!
Coding, yes. Right now, C# and HTML and CSS. A little bit of Java too, and that is going to be focused on more later.
Oct 21 2019 | 8:29 am EDT Ryujingt3

Coding, yes. Right now, C# and HTML and CSS. A little bit of Java too, and that is going to be focused on more later.
I started learning Java some time back. I'm not really that good at programming though and I could only get so far. MS has an introductory programming certification in Java that may interest you.

It is called 'Introduction to Programming using Java'.