How to reinstall a app from store that is not in store anymore?

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
I purchased an app for windows phone 8.1- windows phone 10 from developer Gmark7.

With out knowing the developer was no longer in the store I did a hard reset on my Alcatel Idol 4s.

Is there any way to get the app back?

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
I don't understand why the last version of an app can't stay in the Store. If it worked until the moment of the hard reset, it means that we can still use it.

We are very near to the end… :cry:

Renoktation

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
The only way is to contact the developer if you know their name or contact details. If they share it's appx file installer, then you may install it by enabling developer mode in setting. If you are facing certificate issue while installation, you can use remote deployment option present on Visual Studio Community edition which is the free version of VS. In order to deploy app through this method, you will have to enable device portal & device discovery in settings.

Just make sure that your machine is running a version of Win 10 that is greater than minimum target set by developer during creation of application.

Unfortunately, it's very hard to convince a developer to give you the set up file. Plus, you may also face security risk.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Microsoft should atleast restart Wallet apps. It's very unfortunate that this device supports both NFC & card emulsion technology but there aren't any apps.
, you mean for windows phone? Cause those are mostly dead concerning apps. If your referring to windows 10 than you could perhaps try PWA apps through Edge Chromium, maybe their is a Walllet-like PWA app(?).

Renoktation

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
, you mean for windows phone? Cause those are mostly dead concerning apps. If your referring to windows 10 than you could perhaps try PWA apps through Edge Chromium, maybe their is a Walllet-like PWA app(?).

PWAs won't work because the current generation mobile payments use EMVco technology that requires access to "Secure Element" which can be a SIM cards on a smartphone, chip on a credit or debit card and "Trusted Platform Module" on modern PCs. And i don't think that such hardware level access can be provided to a PWA.
It will require a native app.

The problem is that NFC payment requires a very specific HW/SF configuration. L950 has this but it is all going to a waste.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3